Hi Francisco,
On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 11:56:14AM -0500, Francisco S. Guzman wrote:
I'm kind of new at ET and am trying to compile the einsteintoolkit.th set of thorns.
Is this using a release or the development version?
I get the following problem:
/home/guzman/ET/Cactus/configs/ejemplo/scratch/external/MPI/lib/libmpi.a(ompi_mpi_init.o): In function `ompi_warn_fork': ompi_mpi_init.c:(.text+0x8a): undefined reference to `pthread_atfork'
This might be a missing -lpthread on the link line. MPI should detect this (and maybe already does in the development version), but can you try adding
PTHREADS = yes
to your option list?
It also happens that when compiling ET doesn't like any options on MPI (=MPICH or =OpenMPI) and states it is deprecated and refers to MPI instead. How can I handle this sophisticated statement?
You either set MPI_DIR to the directory where MPI is installed, or you don't - and let Cactus try to find something suitable or build one by itself (which seemed to have happened for you).
Frank