Hello,
I am trying to get ET setup on the Quartz cluster at Indiana University (https://kb.iu.edu/d/qrtz). Simfactory compiles, however, I've run into a problem when a simulation begins and keep getting a segmentation fault (one per MPI process). The cluster uses SLURM, which is new to me, and RHEL 8. I've attached the relevant portion of an example output file (with stderr and stdout merged), the corresponding batch file that produced it when submitted, and below are the key settings from the machine file and the one line from the generic mpi runscript that I have edited. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
INI settings: max-num-smt = 1 # no hyperthreading on system num-smt = 1 ppn = 128 # physical cores mpn = 2 # NUMA domains ("sockets") max-num-threads = 128 # do not oversubscribe PUs num-threads = 4 # using 4 threads per process; make 2 may be better nodes = 1 # use more for actual runs
Edited runscript line: srun --nodes=@NODES@ --ntasks-per-node=@NODE_PROCS@ --cpus-per-task=@NUM_THREADS@ @EXECUTABLE@ -L 3 @PARFILE@
Thank you, Jessica
Dr. Jessica S. Warren Physics Lecturer Indiana University Northwest warrenjs@iun.edu