Maria,
Looks like default g++ on your cluster is outdated. You can check the version by typing, $ g++ ‹-version
Versions before 4.7.0 don¹t support the offending '‹std=gnu++11' flag. But the cluster certainly should have more recent compilers installed. Is there a link to the list of software available on biggreen? Try this command: $ module avail
- this should list all the modules that are installed on your cluster, including more recent compilers. If any modules are present, they are probably called 'gcc/X.Y.Z' or 'gnu-compilers-X.Y.Z' and you can add the corresponding module like this: $ module load gcc/4.8.1
Try adding this newer module and recompiling: $ make ET-config options=simfactory/mdb/optionlists/biggreen.cfg THORNLIST=manifest/einsteintoolkit.th
All the best, - Oleg
On 6/28/16, 11:59 AM, "users-bounces@einsteintoolkit.org on behalf of Hamilton, Maria" <users-bounces@einsteintoolkit.org on behalf of babiuc@marshall.edu> wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering if I can get some help in compiling the Einstein Toolkit on a cluster called BigGreen http://www.marshall.edu/itresearch/resources-and-tools/biggreen-cluster/ I¹ve followed the instructions in https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Compiling_the_Einstein_Toolkit I¹ve created biggreen.marshall.edu.ini and biggreen.cfg, which are attached to this message. When I issued the commands: simfactory/bin/sim setup --optionlist= biggreen.cfg --runscript biggreen.sh simfactory/bin/sim build --thornlist=manifest/einsteintoolkit.th I get this error: Cactus requires a C++11 compiler -- check your C++ compiler and C++ compiler flags
When I run: make ET-config options=simfactory/mdb/optionlists/biggreen.cfg THORNLIST=manifest/einsteintoolkit.th I get this error: checking whether the C++ compiler (g++ -g3 -march=native -std=gnu++11 -rdynamic) works... no configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot create executables (see configs/<configname>/config-data/config.log for details).
I am attaching also the config.log.
Thank you, Maria Babiuc