Hello,
I seem to be running into a problem with drawing plots in VisIt. Occasionally, I will run into an error when drawing a streamline plot. The window that I am drawing the plot in dims and VisIt becomes busy. In addition, the plot in the plot list being redrawn remains yellow. The compute engine also stops reporting progress. I've attached a screen shot of what this looks like. After this happens for a long time, the window becomes undimmed and the draw fails with the error:
"The Streamline plot of "BVec" for the file "/home/vpaschal/vpaschal/BHNS_FFE_spin0data/it38912_to_it64000/3d_data_201303030007/Bx.file_* database" could not be generated by the compute engine on host "localhost"."
One thing I've noticed in the aftermath of the compute engine failing is the databases can be reopened afterwords. In other words, VisIt seems to recognize a change in the data set. Or, this could be something else.
I am running visit 2.6.0 on a Ubuntu machine. The data we are using is carpetHDF5 data.
Thanks, Brian