I added --no-check-certificate to wget in order to avoid error messages such as:
ERROR: certificate common name `*.github.com' doesn't match requested host name `github.com'. To connect to github.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'. Unable to establish SSL connection.
Cheers, Bruno.
Eric Seidel wrote:
I just updated the expert tutorial page since the ET_2010_11 release will stay in svn. Wget will still suffice since the thornlist will checkout GetComponents using git, and place it in Cactus/bin.
Eric
Bruno C. Mundim mailto:bcmsma@astro.rit.edu December 28, 2010 11:34 AM
Hi Eric,
would you mind to update the wiki with the appropriate commands (git clone and path) for GetComponents?
Thanks, Bruno.
Eric Seidel mailto:eric@eseidel.org December 28, 2010 11:16 AM
I have applied this patch. Going forward, development of GetComponents will be done on GitHub.
Eric
Erik Schnetter mailto:schnetter@cct.lsu.edu December 23, 2010 1:31 PM
Shouldn't the binary live directly in Cactus/bin/GetComponents? The CRL repository would live in repos, as usual, and the binary itself would be a symbolic link. We can then do the same with SimFactory.
-erik
Eric Seidel mailto:eric@eseidel.org December 23, 2010 1:25 PM
I made the necessary modifications to GetComponents in svn to support this. I have attached a modified patch to add the git version of GetComponents, which I would like to apply to finally complete the transition. GetComponents will now live at https://github.com/gridaphobe/CRL, and I will add a LaTeX version of the documentation shortly so that it can be built with the rest of the Cactus documentation.
The transition will be a two step process (assuming you are using the development version): the next time you update Cactus, you will get the updated thornlist and svn-GetComponents. Then when you run GetComponents again, it will add the git version, which will be located in Cactus/bin/CRL/GetComponents. This seems to be the most stable process to me.
Eric
Erik Schnetter mailto:schnetter@cct.lsu.edu December 5, 2010 5:09 PM
On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Eric Seidel eric@eseidel.org wrote:
Erik Schnetter wrote:
Ah, I think I misunderstood. I thought you wanted to have a link to the GetComponents script itself in the Cactus directory. Yes, a link to the CRL directory makes sense; this is the "standard" way we handle git repositories at the moment.
So I just looked into this, and it seems that GetComponents is not currently equipped to symlink an entire git repo. This is a silly oversight on my part; I can fix it, but that would require another patch to GetComponents. Another possibility would be to create the 'bin' directory and link GetComponents into bin. Then users could call './bin/GetComponents' or possibly './bin/CRL/GetComponents', the latter would allow for documentation to be linked as well.
I suggest to do both, to correct the fact that GetComponents cannot link whole repositories, and to create and use a "bin" directory in Cactus.
You could create a new project. Better now than later... "GetComponents" is a rather specific name and limits the scope of the project.
It is easier to just change the name of the project to CRL. This would change the URL to http://github.com/gridaphobe/CRL. If I do this it would probably make sense to change the URL on my website as well; however, I know that ET and possibly cactuscode.org link to my website. Are there any other pages that link to it?
I don't know. You can set up a permanent redirect on your web server, which will automatically forward people plus leave a log entry on your server telling you which pages to correct.
-erik