Cactus is not Boost-aware.
Cactus checks during the configure stage whether the system provides a header file regex.h, and uses its own only if this is not the case. My guess is that this configure stage sees you Boost include path, and hence uses the Boost regex.h file.
It may be that you specify the include path to Boost in a way that is too general, i.e. in a way that is not specific to your thorn, but rather to all of Cactus.
Can you tell us more about your configure options?
You can e.g. copy the thorn GSL and thus create a Boost-awareness thorn.
-erik
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Wolfgang Kastaun kastaun@sissa.it wrote:
On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 11:23 -0500, Frank Loeffler wrote:
Hi,
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 05:21:55PM +0200, Wolfgang Kastaun wrote:
During the configure stage, regexp.h was found on the system. I remember that Cactus has its own version of regexp, maybe there is a conflict.
Cactus has its own version in case there is non on a system. regexpA is a symbol from the boost library, so regex.h is probably used from the boost installation, but boost isn't linked in at link time. A solution probably involves either to make sure that this regex.h isn't used (did you specify to use boost, is boost in the INCLUDE_PATH?), or to make sure that the boost regex implementation is linked in (maybe -lboost_regex helps). Frank
Thanks, this explains it. Indeed, I had Boost in the include path to compile some of my thorns which use boost libraries (not regexp). Since I only use header-only components, I did not compile the boost libs, and I'd prefer not having to do this on every system without a boost installation, i.e. -lboost_regex would be inconvinient.
Is there a way to switch off the usage of Boost regexp without removing boost from the include path ? I didn't know that Cactus is Boost-aware. Are there configuration options like for GSL or HDF5 ?
Wolfgang.
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users