Hi,
I fixed the problem. Yes, the config file for Snow-Leopard uses ithe system's own mpi from /usr/include. On one laptop, this was fine, but on the other one, after I linked the libraries, it got messed up. Panicked, I did some hacking in /usr/local, /usr/bin and /usr/include of which I am not proud, but now it works! I might have not needed to do this, but I wanted to clean any residue of openmpi that was there.
Barry, wow, I'm succesfully using your lion configuration on the Snow Leopard!
Bernard, it is safe to use the lion configuration on the Snow Leopard, after you do the macport installs specified in the header, and this will greatly simply your problem with VisIt.
Thanks, Maria
From: Barry Wardell <barry.wardell@gmail.commailto:barry.wardell@gmail.com> Date: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:35 AM To: Ian Hinder <ian.hinder@aei.mpg.demailto:ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de> Cc: "users@einsteintoolkit.orgmailto:users@einsteintoolkit.org" <users@einsteintoolkit.orgmailto:users@einsteintoolkit.org>, Maria Babiuc <babiuc@marshall.edumailto:babiuc@marshall.edu> Subject: Re: [Users] MPI problem on Mac OS X
On May 23, 2012 3:20 AM, "Ian Hinder" <ian.hinder@aei.mpg.demailto:ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de> wrote:
I notice in Barry's Lion optionlist he uses MacPorts for OpenMPI, whereas in Snow Leopard we both use the system version. It might be that the system version doesn't work for us in Lion.
I think the problem was that OpenMPI isn't included in OSX as of Lion.
Barry