Just confirming that the ReflectionSymmetry update fixed my problem. Thanks again,
Bernard
On 6/20/12 5:00 PM, "Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY]" bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov wrote:
Hmm. That *does* sound likely. I'm pretty sure I haven't updated since long before then.
Thanks, Tanja!
Bernard
On 6/20/12 4:48 PM, "Tanja Bode" tanja.bode@physics.gatech.edu wrote:
Hi Bernard,
Have you updated your Maxwell code recently? There was a bug (#851) having to do with pseudoscalar treatment in ReflectionSymmetry which, having affected interpolations for Psi4i, manifested in a way like you described. The fix was backported to the Maxwell release on May 2nd.
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/851
-Tanja
On 06/20/12 16:36, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:
Hi all.
I was post-processing a BHB merger run, and noticed a problem with my waveforms, extracted using WeylScal4 and Multipole: the (2,2) mode looks fine, but the (2,-2) mode is highly suppressed (by about an order of magnitude). Ditto the (3,+/-3) modes etc, though the amplitude mismatch is different for each (l,m) case.
I thought I was post-processing incorrectly, but the problem is in the "mp_psi4_lX_mY_rZ.asc" files. The negative-m data is also considerably noisier than the positive-m data.
I assume I'm missing something in my parameter file. Some subtle (or not-too-subtle) symmetry setting relevant to Multipole. Can someone help, please? I'm attaching my parameter file. It's adapted from the ETK BBHLowRes.par file (and a brief run of that appears to have the same issues for me).
I'm using Maxwell, by the way. Any help appreciated.
Bernard
--
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users