I have tried plotting the admbase-maximum.asc but again getting the same results. I am attaching my gnuplot commands, maybe I am making some mistake here. KIndly have a look. #set term png enhanced font "Vera,18" crop set term postscript enhanced color #dashed set size 0.6, 0.6 set xlabel 't' set style line 1 lt 1 lw 3 pt 1 set style line 2 lt 2 lw 3 pt 2 set style line 3 lt 3 lw 3 pt 3 set style line 4 lt 4 lw 3 pt 4 set style line 5 lt 5 lw 3 pt 5 set style line 6 lt rgb "blue" #lw 0.1 pt 6 set style line 7 lt rgb "red" #lw 0.1 pt 6 set key left Left reverse set yrange [:200] set log y set output "kasner.eps" plot 'admbase-metric.norm2.asc' ev 5 u 2:3 w p ls 7 title "g_{xx} (numerical)",\ 'admbase-metric.norm2.asc' ev 5 u 2:($2**(4.0/3.0)) w l ls 7 title "g_{xx} (exact)",\ 'admbase-metric.norm2.asc' ev 5 u 2:8 w p ls 6 title "g_{zz} (numerical)",\ 'admbase-metric.norm2.asc' ev 5 u 2:($2**(-2.0/3.0)) w l ls 6 title "g_{zz} (exact)"
On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 3:02 AM Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu wrote:
Hello Nisa Amir,
(this is just a guess): You are including a file admbase-lapse.norm2.asc in the email which is the the 2-norm of the lapse (\sum_i \alpha(x_i)^2) while the paper in figure 20 shows the value of the metric components. So (assuming that attaching admbase-lapse instead of admbase-gxx was a mistake) I should try and plot something like admbase-gxx.maximum.asc which would be the maximum value on the grid which, since the spacetime is homogeneous, is identical to the value anywhere on the grid.
I am admittedly somewhat doubtful whether using the wrong norm is the only issue here though.
Yours, Roland
Hello,
Hope all of you are doing well. I am trying to replicate some examples given in par directory of the Cactus for practice. I have run the
parameter
file kasner.par, have obtained the results but my graph is not correct according to the paper arXiv-1111.3344. I am attaching the parameter file which I have run, the resulting .asc file and the graph I have obtained. Kindly, anyone guide me what mistake I am making.
Thanks
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu . _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users