Hi,
When I tried to run the testsuites on the RIT thorns, the testsuite failed due to an issue at iteration 1, that then disappears. For certain analysis quantities like the Hamiltonian constraint violation and psi4, I find differences in every other bufferzone point between Orsted and Gauss. However, this only occurs at iteration 1 ( my test ran for 16 iterations)
My test uses two levels (fixed) of refinement and a relatively coarse grid. On the other hand, I don't see this at all in the adm metric. Where there changes to the prolongation operators that may explain this?
My test used 6 buffer zones (there were 4 ghostzones). Here are the relevant Carpet parameters
Carpet::domain_from_coordbase = yes Carpet::prolongation_order_space = 5 Carpet::prolongation_order_time = 2 Carpet::max_refinement_levels = 2 Carpet::use_buffer_zones = yes Carpet::num_integrator_substeps = 1 Carpet::additional_buffer_zones = 2 Carpet::verbose = no Carpet::schedule_barriers = no Carpet::veryverbose = no Carpet::init_fill_timelevels = "yes"
ActiveThorns="CarpetRegrid2" CarpetRegrid2::regrid_every = 16 CarpetRegrid2::num_centres = 1 CarpetRegrid2::num_levels_1 = 2 CarpetRegrid2::radius_1[ 1] = 5