On 01/11/2012 10:26 PM, Jose Fiestas Iquira wrote:
Dear all,
I am a new user and have run some ETK tutorial examples. Before I begin to do some coding and run my own thorns wanted to ask a general question.
Would be in principle possible to call a thorn from a C++ code like doing
etk_calc(a,b);
or
tmp = etk_calc(a,b);
It would involve a compilation of Cactus together with my code.
I am afraid you can not.
Or
there would be a way to avoid this?
To explain briefly the problem: I have an N-body code which brings 2 Black Holes together and when they are very close I want to do a relativistic calculation of the final coalescence.
Does you N-body code produce any information about spacetime metric? You need to initialize the metric for the fully relativistic computation.
I would suggest that your code dump the final binary orbital parameters to a file and then you use them into the thorn TwoPunctures to generate the initial data you need to continue the evolution.
Cheers, Bruno.
Thanks, Jose _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users