Hello all,
do you want all of these applied before the release or only some (not sure which ones had the release milestone) or all but the one that explicitly says "after the release"?
Yours, Roland
#1884: provide support for multi-model runs in thorn MPI ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: MPI ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I am no longer sure.
For C, the functionality is the identical between this and Carpet I think. The code would only collect the functionality on one spot rather than in each driver.
I think for Fortran, however, Carpet's aliased functions won't work since there is no way to dereference the returned CCTK_POINTER_TO_CONST. The returned pointer is a pointer to the C MPI communicator struct, which (as far as I know) does not have to be bit-identical to Fortran's MPI_Communicator type (which is INT).
Having said all of this, the original usage case I had for this no longer exists (I think it had to do with running PUGH under LoadLeveler or something similar, I have PUGH/Carpet patches that would make user of this code to provide the aliased functions). The implementation of the Reset functions is also somewhat ugly.