On 19 Apr 2010, at 05:21, Baiotti Luca wrote:
Hi Bruno,
the idea of the testsuites is to have reliable data (corresponding to a given parfile) to compare with, when one wants to check that the code works , e.g., on a new machine or that a change in the source code has not introduced unwanted behaviour. So the data are a fundamental part of the testsuites.
While I completely agree with what Luca said, I would like to echo Bruno's concern that some of the test suite data is very large. Since it is only designed for regression testing, there is no reason I can see to have such large data files. There is either a regression or there isn't, and once you have found that it is present, you can then do more detailed runs with more output to locate it. You shouldn't need a large amount of output.
Luca
Bruno C. Mundim wrote:
Hi,
I have seen a few Thorns with a lot of test data files committed to the svn repository. I was wondering if that is really necessary. Committing only the parameter file that generates all those data files seems more natural to me and avoids unnecessary network traffic whenever we update the thorns. Besides it is cleaner and easier to spot what was really changed/updated. What do you think? Should we adopt as best practice not committing the data files themselves? and commit only the test suite parameter files?
Thanks, Bruno. _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users