I said on the call there was an easy way to trace what function call you are in...
Add this to your thornlist...
!TARGETĀ = $ARR !TYPE = git !URL = https://github.com/stevenrbrandt/ReadWriteDiagnostics.git !REPO_PATH=$2 !CHECKOUT = ReadWriteDiagnostics/FCall
Then add FCall to your ActiveThorns and you'll see a message printed before and after each scheduled function.
--Steve
On 9/10/2019 3:03 PM, Yosef Zlochower wrote:
It seems that there may be multiple issues. The parfile I sent before tests for NaNs in grid::x. grid::x is not a checkpointed variable. It seems that with manual topology, the grid::x is filled with nans during the recover step (the pointer is actually pointing to a new area of memory). With standard topology, the array pointer and contents do not change on recover. I have also seen NaNs in the recovered variables, but this parfile doesn't show that.
On 9/9/19 4:24 PM, Yosef Zlochower wrote:
Hi,
I have been trying to debug why some runs I was performing could not recover from a checkpoint file, but would otherwise proceed as normal.
I attached a minimalist parfile showing the problem. A small grid is manually distributed over 8 processors and terminates at iteration 2. An attempt at recover fails with nans on grid::x. If the manual topology section is commented out, no problems are seen.
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users