Hi. I'm compiling an *extremely* simple cactus executable designed to run the testsuite "vectors" in LSUThorns/Vectors. If I were to believe the parameter file vectors.par, I should need exactly the following seven thorns:
CartGrid3D CoordBase IOASCII IOUtil PUGH PUGHSlab Vectors
However, if I begin to compile a minimal Cactus configuration using only these (in current ET stable release Gauss --- ET_2013_05), I quickly hit the warnings below, implying that I *also* need SymBase and Boundary.
Now these are warnings, not errors; perhaps the code would compile fine and run OK anyway (I haven't tried). But surely trying to schedule a routine in a particular group or timebin means that the thorn responsible for such groups/timebins should be an actual dependency? Why are Boundary and SymBase not *required* in the interface.ccl of CartGrid3D?
Bernard
------------------------------------------------------ Warnings were generated during execution of the CST ------------------------------------------------------
CST warning: -> Scheduling routine RegisterSymmetryBoundaries from thorn CartGrid3D in non-existent group or timebin SymmetryRegister HINT: If this routine should be scheduled check the spelling of the group or timebin name. Note that scheduling IN must be used to schedule a routine to run in a thorn-defined schedule group, whereas scheduling AT is used for a usual timebin. (Schedule IN may also be used with the usual timebins, but in this case the full name of the bin must be used, e.g. CCTK_EVOL and not EVOL)
CST warning: -> Scheduling routine CartGrid3D_ApplyBC from thorn CartGrid3D in non-existent group or timebin BoundaryConditions HINT: If this routine should be scheduled check the spelling of the group or timebin name. Note that scheduling IN must be used to schedule a routine to run in a thorn-defined schedule group, whereas scheduling AT is used for a usual timebin. (Schedule IN may also be used with the usual timebins, but in this case the full name of the bin must be used, e.g. CCTK_EVOL and not EVOL)