Hello Chia-Hui Lin,
changing the central enthalpy seems like the right thing to do to change masses in LORENE since it prescribes the central enthalpy of each star.
The backtrace that you showed and the error message is unfortunately not detailed enough to make a guess as to what could have gone wrong. This output is produced by a call to CCTK_Error() however the CCTK_Error function takes an error string as an argument which is not present in the lines that you have copied. It is likely in the *.err file that the simulation produced and you should try and include that file as an attachment in your email.
If you have non-equal mass stars then you have to remove the 180 degree rotation symmetry from the parameter files. Ie you have to change the lines (these are scattered throughout throughout the par file)
ActiveThorns = "RotatingSymmetry180 ReflectionSymmetry" CoordBase::xmin = 0.00 CoordBase::boundary_shiftout_x_lower = 1 CarpetRegrid2::symmetry_rotating180 = "yes" Hydro_Analysis::Hydro_Analysis_rho_max_loc_only_positive_x = "true" Hydro_Analysis::Hydro_Analysis_average_multiple_maxima_locations = "yes"
to
ActiveThorns = "ReflectionSymmetry" CoordBase::xmin = 396.00 CoordBase::boundary_shiftout_x_lower = 0 CarpetRegrid2::symmetry_rotating180 = "no" Hydro_Analysis::Hydro_Analysis_rho_max_loc_only_positive_x = "false" Hydro_Analysis::Hydro_Analysis_average_multiple_maxima_locations = "no"
Please note though that currently the thorn NSTracker and HydroAnalysis *cannot* properly track multiple stars. It makes the hard-coded assumption that if one of the stars is at (x,y,z) the other one is at (-x,-y,z) which is only true for equal mass neutron stars. This will mean that one of the stars will eventually leave the box that is supposed to track it.
Yours, Roland
Dear whom it may concern,
I am trying to reproduce the simulation of binary neutron star (http://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bns/index.html) with different mass. I use Lorene code to produce the initial data . The parameter files I used is locate in /Lorene/Codes/Bin_star/Parameters/Polytrope_irrot/Test_GR . And I changed central enthalpy of each star in par_init.d to get different mass (Is there other way I can get different mass?). And then I simulate with the ET. However I met some problems:
1.I requested 48 cores with 10 hours to run the code , however the code terminated after running ~4 hours. And the end of .err file reads:
cactus_sim: /global/u1/c/chlin/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/Carpet/src/helpers.cc:275: int Carpet::Abort(const _cGH *, int): Assertion `0' failed.
cactus_sim: /global/u1/c/chlin/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/Carpet/src/helpers.cc:275: int Carpet::Abort(const _cGH *, int): Assertion `0' failed.
Rank 0 with PID 47930 received signal 6
Writing backtrace to nsnstohmns/backtrace.0.txt
Rank 1 with PID 47931 received signal 6
Writing backtrace to nsnstohmns/backtrace.1.txt
cactus_sim: /global/u1/c/chlin/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/Carpet/src/helpers.cc:275: int Carpet::Abort(const _cGH *, int): Assertion `0' failed.
cactus_sim: /global/u1/c/chlin/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/Carpet/src/helpers.cc:275: int Carpet::Abort(const _cGH *, int): Assertion `0' failed.
Rank 2 with PID 13239 received signal 6
Rank 3 with PID 13240 received signal 6
Writing backtrace to nsnstohmns/backtrace.2.txt
Writing backtrace to nsnstohmns/backtrace.3.txt
srun: error: nid05930: tasks 2-3: Aborted
srun: Terminating job step 9192104.0
srun: error: nid05920: tasks 0-1: Aborted
The code is aborted without completing the whole process until the merger. How can I perform the complete process?
- When I use visit to do the visualization ,I found the file rho.xy.h5 only has half of the whole simulation as :
[cid:e66a53d5-d406-4599-997f-00e90a864dc0]
The tutorial(scripts.tar.gzhttp://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/bns/scripts.tar.gz) tells that I should use symmetric reflection to perform the whole visualization. However I cannot use this method since I simulated binary star with different mass . So there is no symmetry. How can I get the whole picture instead of only half ?
Thank you.
Best regards,
Chia-Hui Lin