-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1
Hello Erik, all,
There is a parameter "no_split_direction" that ensures that a certain direction is never split over multiple processes. This parameter affects all grid variables. You would want two no-split-directions, but probably only for this group.
Yes I would want two of the no-split-directions and ideally only for this one group (I had looked at no-split-direction and the aspect_ratio parameters though could not really make it work with those).
The cleanest way to address this would be to introduce new keywords next to "default" and "constant" that describe which directions should be split. Alternatively, group tags specifying this could be introduced. At the lower level, SplitRegionsMaps_Automatic and friends could receive an additional argument describing which directions should not be split; probably a bvect.
An extra keyword will have to go all the way through the flesh and the perl scripts that parse interface.ccl. I had hoped to avoid that extra level of effort :-) A group tag that is then passed on a a bvect would seem like a simple Carpet-only solution. It certainly would be the fastest solution. On the other hand I feel that the group tags are already being used for too many things so I might end up going the Cactus-flesh way in the end.
Thank you for the suggestions.
Yours, Roland
- -- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.