Hi Roland
What would you suggest to do in the unfortunate case that I'm not getting any output from
svn info https://github.com/EinsteinToolkit/ExternalLibraries-MPI.git/trunk
and neither from
svn checkout https://github.com/EinsteinToolkit/ExternalLibraries-MPI.git/trunk DELETEME ?
I can use the other machine to pull everything of course, but perhaps there's yet some fix that I could try?
Best Konrad
wt., 25 sty 2022 o 16:40 Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu napisał(a):
Hello Konrad,
It could be an isntance of this old bug:
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/68/getcomponents-non-in...
in which case you can try a single manual check once just to get certificates right:
svn info https://github.com/EinsteinToolkit/ExternalLibraries-MPI.git/trunk
and / or
svn checkout https://github.com/EinsteinToolkit/ExternalLibraries-MPI.git/trunk DELETEME
(and then remove the dummy DELETEME checkout).
Just why only your single Ubuntu system is affected I cannot tell though (given that I purposely test these things on freshly installed VMs so there is no "baggage" like there is on my actual workstation where I may well have accepted all kinds of odd certificates for svn in the past).
Yours, Roland
I hope that's what you meant (I'm not familiar with perl at all): I added the lines: print("DEBUG LINE, print: $url\n"); print("DEBUG LINE, print: $svn\n"); before: my $ret = `$svn --non-interactive info $url 2>&1`; *(line 622)*
The output changes, in the relevant lines:
./GetComponents:620: $base =~
s/(https://[\w.]+)/(.*)$/$1/i;
./GetComponents:621: unless ( defined
$svn_servers{$base} ) {
./GetComponents:622: print("DEBUG LINE, print: $url\n"); ./GetComponents:623: print("DEBUG LINE,
print:
$svn\n");
./GetComponents:624: my $ret = `$svn
--non-interactive info $url 2>&1`; DEBUG LINE, print:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/EinsteinToolkit/ExternalLibra...
DEBUG LINE, print: svn
My *svn *is: ($svn --version)
svn, version 1.14.1 (r1886195) compiled Dec 3 2021, 20:03:34 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu The following repository access (RA) modules are available:
- ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network
protocol.
- with Cyrus SASL authentication
- handles 'svn' scheme
- ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
- handles 'file' scheme
- ra_serf : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using
serf.
- using serf 1.3.9 (compiled with 1.3.9)
- handles 'http' scheme
- handles 'https' scheme
The following authentication credential caches are available:
- Gnome Keyring
- GPG-Agent
- KWallet (KDE)
Could I be missing some dependencies? Best Konrad
pon., 24 sty 2022 o 17:16 Steven R. Brandt sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu
napisał(a):
Ah, so it's subversion that's hanging. GetComponents should have a
statement before calling svn in verbose mode.
Could you add a print statement before line 622 so we can see the svn command with the $svn and $url expanded? Also, what is your svn
version?
--Steve On 1/24/2022 9:57 AM, Konrad Topolski wrote:
Thank you all for the responses.
@Steven, yes, the usual help message is printed out
@Roland, it works for my other machine, under Ubuntu 20.04 with 5.11 kernel, but the perl version I believe to be the same (perhaps the OS details are not relevant here at all); I'm sending the log in the attachments. It seems that the script hangs up at this point:
./GetComponents:580: $rec{"AUTH_URL_ORIG"} =
$rec{"AUTH_URL"};
./GetComponents:583: if ($ANONYMOUS_CHECKOUT) { ./GetComponents:584: delete $rec{AUTH_URL}; ./GetComponents:592: my @checkouts = split( /\s+/m,
$rec{"CHECKOUT"} );
./GetComponents:593: foreach my $checkout (@checkouts) { ./GetComponents:596: my ( $dir1, $dir2 ); ./GetComponents:597: if ( $checkout =~ m!/! ) { ./GetComponents:598: ( $dir1, $dir2 ) = $checkout
=~
m!(.+)/(.+)!;
./GetComponents:603: if ( defined( $rec{URL} ) ) { ./GetComponents:604: $rec{URL} = $rec{"URL_ORIG"}; ./GetComponents:605: $rec{URL} =~ s!$1!$dir1!; ./GetComponents:606: $rec{URL} =~ s!$2!$dir2!; ./GetComponents:608: if ( defined( $rec{AUTH_URL} ) ) { ./GetComponents:616: if ( $rec{"TYPE"} eq "svn" ) { ./GetComponents:617: my $url = ($rec{"AUTH_URL"}
or
$rec{"URL"});
./GetComponents:618: if ( $url =~ m!
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://!__;!!DZ3fjg!sgmk8gw7jV_rep-HkLhKJonwEpG... ) {
./GetComponents:619: my $base = $url; ./GetComponents:620: $base =~
s/(https://[\w.]+)/(.*)$/$1/i;
./GetComponents:621: unless ( defined
$svn_servers{$base} ) {
./GetComponents:622: my $ret = `$svn
--non-interactive info $url 2>&1`;
Best regards Konrad
pon., 24 sty 2022 o 16:23 Steven R. Brandt sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu napisał(a):
What change are you referring to? Thanks.
--Steve
On 1/24/2022 9:21 AM, Barkhouse, Wayne wrote:
The directory structure on bitbucket.org has changed. I ran into the same problem.
cheers, Wayne
Dr. Wayne Barkhouse Professor Department of Physics and Astrophysics University of North Dakota Grand Forks, ND 58202-7129
Email: wayne.barkhouse@und.edu Phone: 701-777-3520 FaX: 701-777-3523
*From:* users-bounces@einsteintoolkit.org users-bounces@einsteintoolkit.org <
users-bounces@einsteintoolkit.org>
on behalf of Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu rhaas@illinois.edu *Sent:* Monday, January 24, 2022 9:20 AM *To:* Konrad Topolski k.topolski2@student.uw.edu.pl k.topolski2@student.uw.edu.pl *Cc:* Einstein Toolkit Users users@einsteintoolkit.org users@einsteintoolkit.org *Subject:* Re: [Users] GetComponents script not working
Hello Konrad,
Hmm, workedforme (not helpful I know), when I tested this last week on a Ubuntu 20.04 VM, which makes debugging this harder. No output at all is very strange. If you can try, does it work with any other OS?
Can you try thess command lines, which makes Perl enter Debug mode,
and
send the log file GetComponents.log that it produces, please?
export PERL5DB='sub DB::DB {my ($p, $f, $l) = caller;my $code = @{"::_<$f"};print STDERR ">> $f:$l: $code->[$l]";}'
(all in one line)
and
/usr/bin/perl -d ./GetComponents --parallel
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/manifest/r...
2>&1 | tee GetComponents.log
(also a single line)
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support
encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://pgp.mit.edu__;!!DZ3fjg!sgmk8gw7jV_rep-HkL... .
Users mailing listUsers@einsteintoolkit.orghttp://
lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinf...
Users mailing listUsers@einsteintoolkit.orghttp://
lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinf...
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .