let me add the AHFinderDirect correctly finds an AH after merger (the one that should be stored in surface 2).
Moreover, Federico also run a sim in which AHFinderDirect was writing on surfaces 0, 1, and 2 while PunctureTracker was writing on surfaces 3 and 4. In this case Outflow was giving the same error on all three surfaces 0, 1, and 2.
My naive impression is that we are missing something and AHFinderDirect is not saving the surfaces properly and therefore Outflow is not able to read them.
I had a look at previous par files from my BNS simulations (where Outflow worked) and the only difference I saw was in the number of points in theta and phi for the surfaces.
Thanks, Bruno
Il giorno gio 20 feb 2020 alle ore 18:37 Federico Cattorini < f.cattorini@campus.unimib.it> ha scritto:
Dear all,
I am having issues with the thorn Outflow running a BHB simulation with WhiskyMHD (parfile attached). Outflow correctly computes the flows on the single orbiting BHs during the inspiral, but after the merger it fails to compute it on the newly formed BH. I get the following warning in the .out:
WARNING level 1 from host r149c18s02.marconi.cineca.it process 0 while executing schedule bin CCTK_ANALYSIS, routine Outflow::outflow in thorn Outflow, file /marconi/home/userexternal/fcattori/EinsteinToolkit/ET_2018_09/Cactus/arrangements/EinsteinAnalysis/Outflow/src/outflow.c:958: -> didn't find valid detector surface for sn=2, det=2
In my parfile I implement Outflow as
outflow::compute_every = 64 outflow::num_detectors = 3 outflow::surface_index[0] = 0 outflow::surface_index[1] = 1 outflow::surface_index[2] = 2 outflow::interpolator_name = "Lagrange polynomial interpolation" outflow::interpolator_pars = "order=4"
AHFinderDirect uses three spherical surfaces (n. 0,1,2). PunctureTracker tracks and write its values on n. 0 and 1.
Does anyone know how to address this issue?
Thanks a lot,
Federico
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users