Lawrence,
Does ./exe/cactus_sim exist? If not, then something went wrong with your build.
--Steve
On 6/1/2024 5:22 PM, Edmond, Lawrence wrote:
Hello,
I am Lawrence Edmond, IV, a rising third-year PhD student at Brown University in the physics department. I am interested in using EinsteinToolkit to simulate black holes with accretion disks for cosmo/dark matter research.
I am following along with the Wiki https://einsteintoolkit.org/download.html and the JupyterNotebook https://github.com/einsteintoolkit/jupyter-et/blob/master/tutorial-server/notebooks/CactusTutorial.ipynb on git to compile and run the first "HelloWorld" Thorn before attempting to write my own. Following along with the notebook. I am able to compile EinsteinToolkit via the following bash command: ./simfactory/bin/simbuild-j4--thornlist../einsteintoolkit.th http://einsteintoolkit.th which differs from the notebook by the location of the "einsteintoolkit.th http://einsteintoolkit.th" thorn. This is able to compile without errors however, when I try to run the following command to create and execute the "HelloWorld" thorn, ./simfactory/bin/simcreate-runhelloworld\ --parfilearrangements/CactusExamples/HelloWorld/par/HelloWorld.par I get an error message saying that the executable cannot be found or was not created (see below for a copy of the output).
[ledmond@login010 Cactus]$ ./simfactory/bin/sim create-run helloworld \ --parfile arrangements/CactusExamples/HelloWorld/par/HelloWorld.par Warning: Current Working directory does not match Cactus sourcetree, changing to /users/ledmond/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus Parameter file: /oscar/home/ledmond/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/arrangements/CactusExamples/HelloWorld/par/HelloWorld.par Error: Executable /users/ledmond/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/exe/cactus_sim for configuration sim does not exist or is not readable Aborting Simfactory.
I believe the issue is that the procedure is looking for the executable file, and the associated folder to hold all created executables is being created using a path that cannot be accessed on my cluster. That being said, is there a way to manually change the path for the exe/ directory that is created by Simfactory?
Thank you in advance for any help you may offer. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any more information or further clarification to address this compilation issue.
-- /Best Regards, / /Lawrence Edmond, IV / /Class of 2026 / / /
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users