Hello Erik, all,
No, there is only OPENSSL_DIR.
Ok. Thank you for reassuring me.
Only options listed under OPTIONS are visible to thorns.
Right, I just fixed such an issue in libjpeg :-).
Just changing it may break things -- please test it before committing.
True enough, this could be quite disruptive. Well, one option would be that I *remove* all SSL_DIRs since they were not used anyway. This would certainly not break anything since nothing would change, however I suspect that really OPENSSL_DIR was the intended option to be set.
The affected option lists are for Carver, Tesla, Varia, and the MacOS options (macports and homebrew). I can only test OSX Homebrew (Yosemite) since I have no access to the other machines (or OS versions).
I have pushed the remainder into a branch rhaas/OPENSSL_DIR and create a pull request and ticket in case someone with access to Tesla, Carver, Varia wants to test this. Ticket is:
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1709
Yours, Roland