Hi Sam
I am sending the pictures of the density in a few iterations. Something indeed goes *very *bad (and possibly in the wrong direction pretty soon from the start).
But before a chunk of the NS turns into atmosphere it doesn't look like it would end up like that.
This is rho.maximum:
0 0 0.00181508688452629 16 0.4 0.00181562065714772 32 0.8 0.00181716349263237 48 1.2 0.00181971188439579 64 1.6 0.00182322915996771 80 2 0.00182773078378139
And this is rho.average:
0 0 1.23447090415481e-07 16 0.4 1.2346439769246e-07 32 0.8 1.23490260581956e-07 48 1.2 1.23521771090518e-07 64 1.6 1.23554773904041e-07 80 2 1.23584518348538e-07
sob., 21 sie 2021 o 23:03 Samuel Tootle tootle@itp.uni-frankfurt.de napisał(a):
Hi Konrad,
Have you checked the import of the ID from the hydro point of view (i.e. plot rho in for the first iterations). If you see drastic changes in the NS density in the initial iterations, it usually means the EOS manager isn't configured correctly which routinely results in the NS "vanishing" thereby destroying the solution and the evolution.
Cheers, Samuel
*From: *Konrad Topolski k.topolski2@student.uw.edu.pl *To: *Einstein Toolkit Users users@einsteintoolkit.org *Date: *Aug 21, 2021 22:30:57 *Subject: *[Users] BHNS simulation issues - Hamiltonian constraint violations and general problems
Hi all
I am trying to run a BH-NS simulation using at least one of some (and sometimes more) unofficial thors. That would be Kadath for the initial data and possibly THC for hydro evolution. I'm trying to run the simulation either with GRHydro or with THC.
In both cases I believe that the initial data gets imported correctly - I have looked at some simple visuals which I'm attaching to this mail.
However, as the simulation proceeds, huge hamiltonian constraint violations occur and e.x. the lapse gets driven to 0 globally. This can also be seen.
How can I help this? Is it because the puncture is not tracked correctly? Trying to set up a PunctureTracker at the location of the black hole yields a failure very soon, as the shift at puncture is said to be (nan, nan, nan).
I'm sending the .par files, outputs (.out), errors (.err) and visualization (.png).
Best regards Konrad _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users