On 4 Nov 2014, at 23:30, Roland Haas roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu wrote:
Hello Ian,
Did something get forgotten in the latest BLAS/LAPACK/OpenBLAS changes?
It works for me with a completely vanilla checkout of trunk from yesterday. This may be a silly question, but did you check OpenBLAS is actually present in your arrangment?
That was indeed the problem. I was confused because Cactus didn't tell me that OpenBLAS was missing, at least if it did, it was lost in all the other output. The message I saw was that no thorn provided those capabilities. I think if a thorn is missing, this should be caught very early on, and a clear error message should be given. There's no point in building all the other libraries, or complaining about the missing dependencies, if a thorn is not even present.
While investigating this, I was also misled by the "DISABLED" tag in the thornlist. I forgot that simfactory enables some of these thorns on some machines. Maybe we need to add a comment to the thornlist next to all the disabled thorns, saying "This thorn may be enabled by simfactory on some machines".