Hi,
I have run the ET tests on OS X. There are 5 failures (https://build.barrywardell.net/view/EinsteinToolkitMulti/job/EinsteinToolkit...):
IOHDF5.test_recover/1procs SphericalHarmonicReconGen.SpEC-h5-test/1procs CT_MultiLevel.boostedpuncture/2procs IOHDF5.test_recover/2procs SphericalHarmonicReconGen.SpEC-h5-test/2procs
and also when running the test
EinsteinInitialData/Exact/test/Schwarzschild_EF.par
on one process on OS X, the test hung after running. The Cactus process was a zombie, and mpirun was waiting for it to finish. I killed the mpirun process, and everything went smoothly after that.
Several of the test failures seem to be related to HDF5 (see the output pages from the link above).
For example, I get these warnings:
HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.10.0) thread 0: #000: H5Dio.c line 170 in H5Dread(): can't read data major: Dataset minor: Read failed #001: H5Dio.c line 418 in H5D__read(): unable to set up type info major: Dataset minor: Unable to initialize object #002: H5Dio.c line 953 in H5D__typeinfo_init(): not a datatype major: Invalid arguments to routine minor: Inappropriate type WARNING[L1,P0] (IOHDF5Util): HDF5 call 'H5Dread (dataset, rec_info->hdf5type, H5S_ALL, H5S_ALL, H5P_DEFAULT, data)' returned error code -1
and the diffs say
phi.xl: substantial differences significant differences on 165 (out of 165) lines maximum absolute difference in column 2 is 1.4849088247045 maximum relative difference in column 2 is 3.18869248642747
for example, in IOHDF5.test_recover/1procs.
This might be because MacPorts is now using HDF5 1.10.0, and I don't know how much this has been tested with Cactus. It introduces a format change in HDF5, but the new version is supposed to be able to read files written by old versions, so that shouldn't be an issue here.
Erik, have you run the tests on any system with HDF5 1.10.0? I'm also a bit concerned that Cactus didn't abort after those HDF5 errors.