Hello Christian, all,
Can we add a discussion of Con2Prim-outsourcing for GRHydro?
Thank you for suggesting this (sorry, I had forgotten about this when coming up with topics for the call).
This is fine with me. Let's see who shows up.
The idea is to have separate thorns provide Con2Prim routines for GRHydro, because often research projects need modified/customized Con2Prim handling (e.g. hydro near punctures etc.).
We have a trial implementation of this in Zelmani, but Roland and I have some differing views how this should be done and it would be good to discuss this with a broader group of people.
I may be good if we each put our respective implementation of the method into a branch (not master) of say the einsteinevolve repo (https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/einsteinevolve say ExternalCon2Prim ?) so that people can have a look to see how the two approaches differ (and it will force me to actually implement what I argue for so as to see if this is even feasible)?
Yours, Roland