Hello Luciano,
I'm a relatively new user of the toolkit; I've been mainly using GRHydro and I'd like to start using it with LLAMA. I played a bit with the multipatch gallery example but I have a few questions:
- Is there a public parfile for a simple TOV or any GRHydro implementation
using LLAMA (or someone I could ask about it)?
Not sure about fully public, but you are free to use the attached one that was used in
https://arxiv.org/abs/1212.1191
though it uses CTGamma rather than McLachlan so will require some adaptation (or you can use CTGamma which is available in the Llama repo). It also uses some private thorns (CCCGlobalModes and Psiclops, WaveExtractL) which you can either remove or use eg Hydro_Analysis for CCCGlobalModes, and WeylScal and Multipole the way the GW150914 example does for the waves.
Note: there is nothing really that needs to be done use GRhydro with Llama, other than setting up the grid, ie it needs no extra parameters so a Llama parfile could be constructed by merging the gallery bns example with the gallery GW150914 example (at reduced finite difference order since order 8 is overkill for a hydro run).
You may also take a look at the Parma group's collection of data and files (some digging in the website required) starting from here:
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Additional_resources
though there is no Llama files I think.
Note that due to the way NSTracker works, the parfile will only work with equal mass bns systems. For unqual ones the WVUThorns_Analysis has thorns that can track each bns separately (those thorns won't work with symmetry enabled but should work with Llama as long as the NS are only on the Cartesian grid).
- Reading the mailing list I found that there was an issue with the GW
propagation caused by refinement boundaries ( https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users... ).
I would say those still exist, though there is a possibility that changes due to
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2398/multipole-default-...
have changed behaviour a bit.
Do you know if this is still an issue?
I would not say "know", but my guess would be "yes, still an issue to the extend reported by Christian".
If I get to use it, I'd be happy to contribute in some way, if there's room and interest for that.
If you can make the parfile simpler and eg baesd on the bns gallery example and were to contribute it back, than would be very nice to have.
Yours, Roland