Hi Roland,
Thanks for reviewing the patch.
On 13/05/2010 17:32, Roland Haas wrote:
Hello Barry, all,
Thank you for the patch.
- When the bare masses are not given as parameters
(give_bare_mass=no), they are calculated at double precision, but the par_m_plus and par_m_minus parameters are then only set at single precision.
- When the bare masses have been calculated, they are printed to
stdout. In some cases, the initial guess for the bare mass is printed rather than the final calculated bare mass.
The patch looks good to me. I would likely remove the explicit cast to (double) in the assignment to new_mass since new_mass is CCTK_REAL as are *mp and *mm. The casts to (double) in sprintf and CCTK_VInfo seem like a cautious thing to do in case CCTK_REAL is ever "long double", (since floats are always promoted to double for vararg functions).
Part of this patch removes the explicit cast to double in the assignment to new_mass as you suggest. I've just noticed that there is a similar cast in the assignment to old_mass which I think should also be removed.
Regards Barry