Hello,
Thank you for your quick reply and sorry for my late one. I was going through our code to see if I could find the source of the problem and I was able to locate it. The schedule.ccl file in one of our thorns created the problem. One of the functions that was declared in there was assigning "F90" to the "LANG" keyword, instead of the two options C and FORTRAN. And the function in rdwr.pl seems to check for those two keyword-options and generates an error message if neither is used, if I understood correctly. The latter was the case, where the scheduling declaration looked something like that: *** SCHEDULE function_name IN group_name AFTER other_function_name { LANG: F90 } "do some important stuff" *** I hope this helps.
Thank you! Michael ________________________________
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 14:49:02 -0500 From: Steven Brandt sbrandt@cct.lsu.edu Subject: Re: [Users] Compilation Error related to rdwr.pl script To: users@einsteintoolkit.org Message-ID: 6902d061-3fb8-5c8a-63ae-e9955323e2a3@cct.lsu.edu Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"
Hello. Can you show me the source code which exposed this problem in rdwr.pl? Thanks.
--Steve
On 3/26/2021 2:46 PM, Michael Muller wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am a new user of the Einstein Toolkit and I am currently trying to build the ET deWitt-Morette release with some private thorns. The private thorns were previously used with the ET Mayer release, so there are some components that are not quite compatible with the new release and at least one creates an error related to the new rdwr.pl script. The problem is that the function in line 471 of rdwr.pl that would create the error message seems to have a problem with the input that it gets. Thus the actual error message pointing to the error in the private thorn never gets printed. The exact error message is:
"Can't call method "linenum" on unblessed reference at /home/mmuller/ET_DeWittMorette_2020_11/Cactus/repos/flesh/lib/sbin/rdwr.pl line 471. /home/mmuller/ET_DeWittMorette_2020_11/Cactus/lib/make/make.configuration:212: recipe for target '/home/mmuller/ET_DeWittMorette_2020_11/Cactus/configs/ET_DeWitt_Morette_privGRHydro/config-data/make.thornlist' failed make[1]: *** [/home/mmuller/ET_DeWittMorette_2020_11/Cactus/configs/ET_DeWitt_Morette_privGRHydro/config-data/make.thornlist] Error 25 Makefile:260: recipe for target 'ET_DeWitt_Morette_privGRHydro' failed make: *** [ET_DeWitt_Morette_privGRHydro] Error 2"
This error shows up just after the configuration scripts for the thorns have run. I also included a copy of the full build output in the attachments.
It would be great if anyone could provide me with any pointers as to what could be the source of this problem.
Thank you and all the best, Michael Müller
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users