Hello Feyiso,
this is not quite enough information for us to make a guess at what could be going wrong.
Could you run the following:
export VERBOSE=yes simfactory/bin/sim --mdbkey make 'make -j1' build 2>sim.err 1>sim.out
and attach both sim.err and sim.out to the email?
Please also include the output of
uname -a
as well as the files
configs/sim/OptionList
configs/sim/ThornList
configs/sim/config-info
All I can tell you from your email is that somehow there is an error while compiling the LORENE thorn that prevented it from building liblorenef77.a but I have no information on what that error could have been.
Yours, Roland
Dear all
help for this error
[/home/fayo/Cactus/configs/sim/scratch/build/LORENE/Lorene/Lib/liblorenef77.a] Error
*With Best Regards!!!* *-------------------------------------------------------------------*
*Feyiso Sado Bedecha (PhD), Student* *Addis Ababa University, Department of Physics* *Cell Phone: +251910626090 <%2B251911089463>* *E-mail: bsfeyiso@gmail.com bsfeyiso@gmail.com* *P.O.Box: 1176* *Ethiopia*
On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 8:00 PM, users-request@einsteintoolkit.org wrote:
Send Users mailing list submissions to users@einsteintoolkit.org
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to users-request@einsteintoolkit.org
You can reach the person managing the list at users-owner@einsteintoolkit.org
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of Users digest..."
Today's Topics:
- Re: problems of reproducing the simulation of binary neutron star with different mass (???)
- European Einstein Toolkit meeting 2018 -- reminder (Miguel Zilh?o)
- Configure Error While Compiling (Jared Coughlin)
Message: 1 Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 07:53:34 +0000 From: ??? r06222015@ntu.edu.tw Subject: Re: [Users] problems of reproducing the simulation of binary neutron star with different mass To: "rhaas@ncsa.illinois.edu" rhaas@ncsa.illinois.edu Cc: Einstein Toolkit Users users@einsteintoolkit.org Message-ID: 6833862305f44d82834b36c54a73f54b@ntu.edu.tw Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5"
Dear Roland,
I found the tracking problem is very obvious that the canter of mass moves toward right.
Therefore,I have tried the thorn you mentioned ( https://bitbucket.org/zach_etienne/wvuthorns_diagnostics).
However I met some problem. I added following lines in nsnstohmns.th
# wvuthorns_diagnostics !TARGET = $ARR !TYPE = git !URL = https://bitbucket.org/zach_etienne/wvuthorns_diagnostics.git !REPO_PATH= $2 !CHECKOUT = wvuthorns_diagnostics/VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD
and following lines in nsnstohmns.par
ActiveThorns = "VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD" VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD::volintegral_sphere__center_x_initial[101] ="0.0" VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD::volintegral_sphere__center_y_initial[101] ="0.0" VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD::volintegral_sphere__center_z_initial[101] ="0.0"
then I ran the command in order to obtain the thorn VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD : ./GetComponents thornlists/nsnstohmns.th
but the following error occurs
Error: Thorn VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD not found Activation failed - 1 errors in activation sequence WARNING level 0 from host nid02749 process 0 while executing schedule bin (none), routine (no thorn)::(no routine) in thorn Cactus, file /global/u1/c/chlin/Cactus/src/main/SetParams.c:93: -> CCTKi_SetParameter: Error at line 585 in parameter file /scratch1/scratchdirs/chlin/simulations/nsns_09_063_thorn_ test5/output-0000/nsnstohmns.par while activating thorns
I wonder that I missed some steps since it is my first time to add a new thorn. Is there any possible solution? Thank you. Best regards, Chia-Hui
???: Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu ????: 2018?5?15? ?? 08:16:12 ???: ??? ??: Einstein Toolkit Users ??: Re: [Users] problems of reproducing the simulation of binary neutron star with different mass
Hello Chia-Hui,
I do not quite understand what causes ,in your example,
CarpetRegrid2::position_x_1 = 42. CarpetRegrid2::position_x_2 = -17
to become fail.
This has to do with the way that the thorn GRHydro_Analysis that looks for the location of the star works. It first determines the location on the grid with the largest density, then it computes a center of mass integral in a region around that point. This computed center of mass if used as the location of the star and to move boxes. There is code in thorn NSTracker that uses this single found location and moves two refined regions to (x,y,z) and (-x,-y,z) where (x,y,z) is the found location of the star.
There are two reasons why this does not work well with unequal masses:
- it only looks for a single star and bases that star's location on
the highest density 2. NSTracker makes the hard-coded assumption that the two regions that cover the star are mirror immages of each other
In your case since the star at -17 (always assuming you actually have set up a grid that has no symmetries) is the heavier one (since it is closer to the center of rotation) and thus has the higher central density, therefore GRHydro_Analysis will use it as the star to track and thus will find the star location to be (-17,0,0) when it looks for the star.
In my case, if the initial location of the binary star is (-34.59 km , 45.41 km) , I should set
CarpetRegrid2::position_x_1 = -34.59/1.48=-23.37 CarpetRegrid2::position_x_2 = 45.41/1.48=30.68
right?
Yes that is correct.
Would this soon be set to (-23.37,23.37)? Because the mass difference is not so much, I am wondering whether there exists some maximum value of mass ratio which can tolerate small mass difference.
By the way ,the link https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1974 seems not work. I would like to check it up.
Thank you for pointing this out. It seems that there is an endless redirection loop in the trac website already for https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .