ok, I have scheduled my RHS functions in global mode. In the global RHS function I set my RHS source term to an analytically known value at some time "cctk_time".
Weirdly, "cctk_time" does not carry the value of the intermediate MoL step for my global-mode function. Instead, it is always set to the time that MoL reaches after its "n" substeps. Is this behavior intended? To me, this looks like a bug since I would expect a proper "cctk_time" in the MoL substeps also for global-mode functions.
Thanks for any hints, Christian
Hi Erik,
thanks, very good! I got confused by the commented out functions.
Christian
MoL still supports arrays.
The mesh refinement argument does not hold any water -- first, it is perfectly fine to run a simulation without mesh refinement, and second, evolving arrays at the same time as the finest grid works fine. (I believe this is used in some versions of puncture tracking, where grid scalars or arrays hold the puncture position.)
I believe you are looking for an old interface, which requires you to register grid functions and grid arrays via separate functions. This is not necessary any more -- MoL_RegisterEvolved can now process any kind of grid variable. I don't recall when this was changed.
The commented out old API for grid arrays should be removed from the interface file.
-erik
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:32 AM, Christian Reisswig
reisswig@tapir.caltech.edu wrote:
Dear all,
I am wondering why MoL does not have support for arrays anymore (the provided functions are all commented out). I guess there is a particular reason for this?
Thanks for any hints! Christian _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users