Hi Christian,
I think it is important to set up a nan mask first to help visualizing where c2p is failing for example. Once we have that set up then we could erase these nan checks or let them there only when compiler debugging flags are passed. In any case, maybe you could post here the performance difference results you found and the patch you are proposing.
Cheers... Bruno.
Christian D. Ott wrote:
RE: GRHydro
All,
I would like to remove a bunch of NaN checks in Eigenproblem, Marquina, Roe, Prim2Con, and Con2Prim that somebody put in for debugging purposes (to track down a problem) and that are detrimental to performance (I ran tests with and without them active).
If a NaN appears, the code will still fail and standard debugging techniques can be applied to track it down. No need to have these permanently in the source code.
Any objections?
Thanks.
- Christian
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users