Hello,
I’d like to use Hyrdro_RNSID in order to generate a initial data for a rotating neutron star, but I’m having some difficulties building the Cactus thorns. Initially I’m just trying to build all of them.
When I try to build on my Mac using the latest GNU compilers from Brew, I get a message that my compiler doesn’t support std c11. The version of gcc installed is Apple clang version 15.0.0 (clang-1500.0.40.1), whatever that gcc version that ends up being.
If I use the gcc from the MESA SDK, (version 12.2.0) I get the same message.
So, I switched to try it on the SDSC Expanse cluster, and at least I don’t get that problem, but I do end of having an issue that it is looking for some Slurm include files from a version that isn’t on expanse any more. Specifically it is looking under /cm/shared/apps/slurm/20.02.3/ but Expanse now has /cm/shared/apps/slurm/21.08.8.
So I have a few questions
1) How can I just build what I need for Hydro_RNSID? 2) What can I do about building on my Mac? 3) Where can I change the configuration of my build so that it refers to the correct Slurm version when building on Expanse?
Thanks!
Joe Hellmers San Diego State University- Physics Dept.