Hello Vaishak,
Sorry for the delay, and thank you for including the various log files.
I have been running on a new AMD based system (NCSA Delta, Milan, not Rome) during the last week (with Vectors active), though it is a slightly older ET code (no changes to Vectors though). I also ran on SDSC Expanse (Rome, Epyc 7742) for the ET testsuite for the 2022_11 release (http://einsteintoolkit.org/testsuite_results/index.php) without SEGFAULT failures.
This unfortunately makes debugging the issue that you are facing harder.
One (possible) issue could be related to using -march=native in you compilation flags. Since this instructs GCC to compile for the CPU architecture it finds itself running on, I would double check that indeed the login nodes on sonic use the same CPU as the compute nodes.
Yours, Roland
Dear All,
Greetings from India. I am trying to get the ETK working on an AMD Rome powered supercomputer at ICTS, India. I am working with gcc (11.1.0, 12.2.0) and openmpi. The compilation is successful but every one of the tests and runs fails due to seg faults at the vectorization stage. On recompiling the toolkit without vectorization, the tests run (except for one test of ML_BSSN which fails due to a relative error ~ 1e-14). I am attaching the backtrace (from the gallery BBH run), make log (with vectorization) and the optionlist herewith.
Requesting help!
With regards