Hi All,
Still struggling. I've found three errors in the configs.log file, two of which are probably meaningful. Unfortunately, I don't know how to correct them.
Error 1: configure: In function 'main': configure:2573:2: error: unknown type name 'not'; did you mean 'ino_t'? configure:2573:10: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'endian' configure: failed program was: #line 2567 "configure" #include "confdefs.h" #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/param.h> int main() {
#if BYTE_ORDER != BIG_ENDIAN not big endian #endif ; return 0; }
I interpret this to mean that configure placed the string "not big endian" (which doesn't compile) in the function 'main' in some file for unknown reasons. The Mac is, I believe, a little endian machine, so the BYTE_ORDER test shown executes with the result that the affected file won't compile. I haven't been able to find the affected file and I don't know why this is happening.
Error 2:
configure: In function 'main': configure:3710:17: error: storage size of 'timebs' isn't known configure:3711:3: warning: implicit declaration of function '_ftime'; did you mean 'ftime'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration] configure: failed program was: #line 3704 "configure" #include "confdefs.h" #include <stdio.h> #include <time.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/timeb.h> int main() { struct _timeb timebs; _ftime(&timebs); printf("%f\n",(double)(timebs.time + timebs.millitm/1000.0)); return 0; ; return 0; }
Seems self-explanatory, but I don't know how to fix it.
Error 3:
cc1: warning: command-line option '-std=gnu++11' is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C
Not really an error, just a warning, and I can fix it.
Any clues on why I'm getting the first two errors?
Thanks!
Murray