Hello Maria,
The commented out OpenMP flags (not that the is OpenMP and not OpenMPI, the two are completely different) will lead Cactus to not use OpenMP which will mean that you will always have to run with --num-threads=1 or have cores sit idle.
I would remove the comment characters (ie make the variables active again).
Yours, Roland
Hello,
This is a followup question regarding me using ET to do runs on the BigGreen cluster at Marshall University, WV.
I am compiling the executable with simfactory/mdb/optionlists/centos.cfg
This executable has the setting
CPPFLAGS=-DMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK
and a lot of openmp flags commented out.
First I left these commented out and just give the mpich directory:
MPI_DIR=/opt/ohpc/pub/mpi/mpich-gnu7-ohpc/3.2.1
However, when looking at the config-info, I see that it compiled with mpich flag and openmpi:
CPPFLAGS=-DMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK
HDF5_DIR=/opt/ohpc/pub/libs/gnu7/hdf5/1.10.1
Everything seems working, I just I want to make sure this won't cause problems when running the executable.
It would be cleaner to compile with openmpi from the beginning. Will you please let me know what flags to silence and what to turn on, in order to compile with openmpi?
thanks,
Maria
Dr. Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton Department of Physics Marshall University S257 Science Building Huntington, WV, 25755 Phone: (304)696-2754