Thanks Ian, I think that did the trick! I rebuilt Cactus with a different MPI infrastructure and made sure that the appropriate MPI environment was loaded. Seems to be working now, e.g.
INFO (Carpet): MPI is enabled
INFO (Carpet): Carpet is running on 12 processes
INFO (Carpet): This is process 0
INFO (Carpet): OpenMP is enabled
INFO (Carpet): This process contains 1 threads, this is thread 0
INFO (Carpet): There are 12 threads in total
INFO (Carpet): There are 1 threads per process
INFO (Carpet): This process runs on host node203, pid=28712
INFO (Carpet): This process runs on 24 cores: 0-23
INFO (Carpet): Thread 0 runs on 24 cores: 0-23
Thanks! Geraint
On 20 October 2015 at 14:55, Ian Hinder ian.hinder@aei.mpg.de wrote:
On 20 Oct 2015, at 15:44, Geraint Pratten g.pratten@sussex.ac.uk wrote:
Thanks! I'll take a look into that - changing to $MPIDIR/bin/mpirun didn't help but I suspect that the MPI version used in the options list may not be correct. Will see if this is the issue and confirm.
You could also check to see which MPI module is loaded. Do you load any modules in envsetup in the machine definition file?
-- Ian Hinder http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin