Hello Bill,
[lots of stuff] /scratch/gabella/simulations/helloworld/SIMFACTORY/exe/cactus_sim: error while loading shared libraries: libopenPMD.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Hmm, ExternalLibraries/openPMD which provides this (most likely, unless you are on a rare cluster that has it pre-installed) should set up an --rpath so that libopenPMD is found at runtime. Though admittedly it would also usually try to build a static library.
The library would be in configs/sim/scratch/external/ eg:
ET_trunk/configs/sim/scratch/external/openPMD/lib/libopenPMD.a
in my case (note that this is the statically linked one).
You you provide the file
configs/sim/bindings/Configuration/Capabilities/make.OPENPMD_API.defn
and you option list, please?
I see that that carpetX seems to have OpenPMD readers, etc. I also found the github, if it is the right OpenPMD at
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/openPMD/openPMD-api__;!!DZ3f jg!6chXrSK2Aob-tgiRz5UdTmcqIHLoXkWcH-hNaZhQhXY6V12RaAdQm2bSWB98IEudpHvF1rm5 dBJcWQ5-QLCMww$ but expected ET to handle this or to see some text about installing OpenPMD as a pre-req.
Any suggestions? I never saw a file format that I did not like, or at least install, so should I install this, or should ET?
If you are not using CarpetX, then you can comment out the ExternalLibraries/OpenPMD line (and all CarpetX lines if you like) and thing will be fine.
Yours, Roland