Dear all,
I was running the TOV simulation ( https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simplified_Tutorial_for_New_Users).
While running these two commands:
./simfactory/bin/sim submit static_tov --parfile=par/static_tov_small.par --procs=1 --walltime=8:0:0 ./simfactory/bin/sim show-output --follow static_tov
I noticed that the simulation is created in a particular directory.
I want to change this directory to something else. How do I change this command ?
Thanks,
Maitraya.
Hello Maitraya,
there several directories involved. Typically (on a laptop, clusters are somewhat similar) you will find output in a directory:
/home/Maitraya/simulations/static_tov/output-0000/hydrobase-rho.x.asc
you can change the /home/Maitraya/simulations part by adding a
basedir = <SOME-DIRECTORY-PATH>
option to simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini in the section for your laptop (or cluster), eg if
simfactory/bin/sim whomai
reports "maitrayaslaptop" then you'd ad
[maitrayaslaptop] basedir = /home/Maitraya/my-simulations
fr the static_tov part you have to edit the par file (static_tov.par) and look for its out_dir setting which currently likely reads:
ioutil::out_dir = $parfile
(or similar). This causes all output to go into a directory of the same name as the parameter file (without the .par extension). You can change this to anything you like eg:
ioutil::out_dir = "stationary tov star"
if you so desire (though spaces are usually a bad idea).
There some very rudimentary documentation that you can find here:
http://simfactory.org/info/documentation/userguide/index.html
though I could not find any explanation of basedir in it unfortunately.
Yours, Roland
Dear all,
I was running the TOV simulation ( https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simplified_Tutorial_for_New_Users).
While running these two commands:
./simfactory/bin/sim submit static_tov --parfile=par/static_tov_small.par --procs=1 --walltime=8:0:0 ./simfactory/bin/sim show-output --follow static_tov
I noticed that the simulation is created in a particular directory.
I want to change this directory to something else. How do I change this command ?
Thanks,
Maitraya.
Hi Roland,
I tried changing the basedir and recompiling ET. However, when I ran the TOV simulation, it still outputs in the old directory.
Please help, Maitraya.
On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 7:32 PM, Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu wrote:
Hello Maitraya,
there several directories involved. Typically (on a laptop, clusters are somewhat similar) you will find output in a directory:
/home/Maitraya/simulations/static_tov/output-0000/hydrobase-rho.x.asc
you can change the /home/Maitraya/simulations part by adding a
basedir = <SOME-DIRECTORY-PATH>
option to simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini in the section for your laptop (or cluster), eg if
simfactory/bin/sim whomai
reports "maitrayaslaptop" then you'd ad
[maitrayaslaptop] basedir = /home/Maitraya/my-simulations
fr the static_tov part you have to edit the par file (static_tov.par) and look for its out_dir setting which currently likely reads:
ioutil::out_dir = $parfile
(or similar). This causes all output to go into a directory of the same name as the parameter file (without the .par extension). You can change this to anything you like eg:
ioutil::out_dir = "stationary tov star"
if you so desire (though spaces are usually a bad idea).
There some very rudimentary documentation that you can find here:
http://simfactory.org/info/documentation/userguide/index.html
though I could not find any explanation of basedir in it unfortunately.
Yours, Roland
Dear all,
I was running the TOV simulation ( https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simplified_
Tutorial_for_New_Users).
While running these two commands:
./simfactory/bin/sim submit static_tov --parfile=par/static_tov_small.par --procs=1 --walltime=8:0:0 ./simfactory/bin/sim show-output --follow static_tov
I noticed that the simulation is created in a particular directory.
I want to change this directory to something else. How do I change this command ?
Thanks,
Maitraya.
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
Hello Maitraya,
sorry to hear this did not help.
You did not have to recompile since basedir is only used by the simulation factory, which makes testing this a bit faster.
I am afraid I am not sure on top of my head what could cause this.
So more questions: * this is on you laptop? or on a cluster (which one)? * would you mind attaching your simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini file, please? * what does simfactory/bin/sim whoami report? * it would be good to provide the output of simfactory/bin/sim print-mdb-entry $(simfactory/bin/sim whoami | \ awk '{print $NF}') which should output all information that simulation factory has about the machine it is running on * please copy and past the full command line used for simfactory/bin/submit as well as its output eg: --8<-- rhaas@8992d193:~/Cactus $ simfactory/bin/sim submit static_tov --parfile par/static_tov.par Warning: simulation "static_tov" does not exist or is not readable Parameter file: /home/rhaas/postdoc/gr/cactus/Zelmani/par/static_tov.par Skeleton Created Job directory: "/home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov" Executable: "/home/rhaas/postdoc/gr/cactus/Zelmani/exe/cactus_bns_all" Option list: "/home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/cfg/OptionList" Submit script: "/home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/run/SubmitScript" Run script: "/home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/run/RunScript" Parameter file: "/home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/par/static_tov.par" Assigned restart id: 0 Executing submit command: exec /home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov/output-0000/SIMFACTORY/SubmitScript < /dev/null > /dev/null 2> /dev/null & echo $! Submit finished, job id is 28547 --8<--
Yours, Roland
Hi Roland,
I tried changing the basedir and recompiling ET. However, when I ran the TOV simulation, it still outputs in the old directory.
Please help, Maitraya.
On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 7:32 PM, Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu wrote:
Hello Maitraya,
there several directories involved. Typically (on a laptop, clusters are somewhat similar) you will find output in a directory:
/home/Maitraya/simulations/static_tov/output-0000/hydrobase-rho.x.asc
you can change the /home/Maitraya/simulations part by adding a
basedir = <SOME-DIRECTORY-PATH>
option to simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini in the section for your laptop (or cluster), eg if
simfactory/bin/sim whomai
reports "maitrayaslaptop" then you'd ad
[maitrayaslaptop] basedir = /home/Maitraya/my-simulations
fr the static_tov part you have to edit the par file (static_tov.par) and look for its out_dir setting which currently likely reads:
ioutil::out_dir = $parfile
(or similar). This causes all output to go into a directory of the same name as the parameter file (without the .par extension). You can change this to anything you like eg:
ioutil::out_dir = "stationary tov star"
if you so desire (though spaces are usually a bad idea).
There some very rudimentary documentation that you can find here:
http://simfactory.org/info/documentation/userguide/index.html
though I could not find any explanation of basedir in it unfortunately.
Yours, Roland
Dear all,
I was running the TOV simulation ( https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simplified_
Tutorial_for_New_Users).
While running these two commands:
./simfactory/bin/sim submit static_tov --parfile=par/static_tov_small.par --procs=1 --walltime=8:0:0 ./simfactory/bin/sim show-output --follow static_tov
I noticed that the simulation is created in a particular directory.
I want to change this directory to something else. How do I change this command ?
Thanks,
Maitraya.
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
Dear Roland,
I fixed the problem. I just had to add [<whoami name>] to the defs.local.ini file. Earlier it just had [default].
Thanks, Maitraya.
On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 11:08 PM, Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu wrote:
Hello Maitraya,
sorry to hear this did not help.
You did not have to recompile since basedir is only used by the simulation factory, which makes testing this a bit faster.
I am afraid I am not sure on top of my head what could cause this.
So more questions:
- this is on you laptop? or on a cluster (which one)?
- would you mind attaching your simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini file, please?
- what does simfactory/bin/sim whoami report?
- it would be good to provide the output of simfactory/bin/sim print-mdb-entry $(simfactory/bin/sim whoami | \ awk '{print $NF}') which should output all information that simulation factory has about the machine it is running on
- please copy and past the full command line used for simfactory/bin/submit as well as its output eg:
--8<-- rhaas@8992d193:~/Cactus $ simfactory/bin/sim submit static_tov --parfile par/static_tov.par Warning: simulation "static_tov" does not exist or is not readable Parameter file: /home/rhaas/postdoc/gr/cactus/Zelmani/par/static_tov.par Skeleton Created Job directory: "/home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov" Executable: "/home/rhaas/postdoc/gr/cactus/Zelmani/exe/cactus_bns_all" Option list: "/home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/cfg/ OptionList" Submit script: "/home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/run/ SubmitScript" Run script: "/home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/run/RunScript" Parameter file: "/home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/par/ static_tov.par" Assigned restart id: 0 Executing submit command: exec /home/rhaas/simulations2/ static_tov/output-0000/SIMFACTORY/SubmitScript < /dev/null > /dev/null 2> /dev/null & echo $! Submit finished, job id is 28547 --8<--
Yours, Roland
Hi Roland,
I tried changing the basedir and recompiling ET. However, when I ran the TOV simulation, it still outputs in the old directory.
Please help, Maitraya.
On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 7:32 PM, Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu wrote:
Hello Maitraya,
there several directories involved. Typically (on a laptop, clusters
are
somewhat similar) you will find output in a directory:
/home/Maitraya/simulations/static_tov/output-0000/hydrobase-rho.x.asc
you can change the /home/Maitraya/simulations part by adding a
basedir = <SOME-DIRECTORY-PATH>
option to simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini in the section for your laptop (or cluster), eg if
simfactory/bin/sim whomai
reports "maitrayaslaptop" then you'd ad
[maitrayaslaptop] basedir = /home/Maitraya/my-simulations
fr the static_tov part you have to edit the par file (static_tov.par) and look for its out_dir setting which currently likely reads:
ioutil::out_dir = $parfile
(or similar). This causes all output to go into a directory of the same name as the parameter file (without the .par extension). You can change this to anything you like eg:
ioutil::out_dir = "stationary tov star"
if you so desire (though spaces are usually a bad idea).
There some very rudimentary documentation that you can find here:
http://simfactory.org/info/documentation/userguide/index.html
though I could not find any explanation of basedir in it unfortunately.
Yours, Roland
Dear all,
I was running the TOV simulation ( https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simplified_
Tutorial_for_New_Users).
While running these two commands:
./simfactory/bin/sim submit static_tov --parfile=par/static_tov_small.par --procs=1 --walltime=8:0:0 ./simfactory/bin/sim show-output --follow static_tov
I noticed that the simulation is created in a particular directory.
I want to change this directory to something else. How do I change this command ?
Thanks,
Maitraya.
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org