Dear all,
I would like to know how to use the EHFinder. Can anyone help me as to how to use this ?
Also, if you have some simple data, like a Schwarzschild or Kerr black hole, can you please share.
I have some data from other simulation packages (which are spread over a uniform grid). My goal would be to eventually run the EHFinder on that.
Thanks, Maitraya.
On 20/01/17 10:25, Maitraya Bhattacharyya wrote:
Dear all,
I would like to know how to use the EHFinder. Can anyone help me as to how to use this ?
Also, if you have some simple data, like a Schwarzschild or Kerr black hole, can you please share.
I have some data from other simulation packages (which are spread over a uniform grid). My goal would be to eventually run the EHFinder on that.
Dear Maitraya,
since you have a spherically-symmetric spacetime, your problem is much simpler than what EHFinder was designed for, and in my opinion it isn't worth the effort of turning your data into 3+1 and importing it in Cactus.
My suggestion is that you take a look, e.g., at section 7.2 of this book:
https://books.google.it/books?id=dxU1OEinvRUC
You'll see than in spherical symmetry the problem greatly simplifies, and can be solved with a few lines of code.
I hope this helps, Eloisa
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org