Hello, I'd like to test TOV collapse and I'm using the parameter file from the ET paper 2011 (tov_collapse_vc_l3.par). There are couple of thorns missing like Corecollapsecontrol and CartesianCoordinates? Could you please provide this thorns? Also I was wondering if that parameter file will work with ET_2012_05 release since this parameter file was tested on previous version? Thank you!
Hello Peter,
I'd like to test TOV collapse and I'm using the parameter file from the ET paper 2011 (tov_collapse_vc_l3.par). There are couple of thorns missing like Corecollapsecontrol and CartesianCoordinates? Could you please provide this thorns? Also I was wondering if that parameter file will work with ET_2012_05 release since this parameter file was tested on previous version?
The missing thorn is CoreCollapseControl (if it still complains about Coordinates then please just remove the thorn, it is not actually used). The thorn is Christian Ott's helper thorn to control grid setup etc during a core collapse. Christian has already said that he is fine with making the thorn public, it would however require some cleanup.
Since you are not the first to try this parfile and fail (and since I am the person responsible for publishing the parfile), would you mind giving the attached one a try please? It replaces CoreCollapseControl with AEIThorns/Trigger.
I also attach a an amended thorn list to pull in the thorn. Steps are:
cd Cactus bin/GetComponents -a --root . --thornlist einsteintoolkitAndTrigger.th simfactory/bin/sim build --reconfig --thornlist einsteintoolkitAndTrigger.th
Please see the recent thread with Chris Evans http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2012-October/002591.html on this mailing list as well (and Vasilios Mewes http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2012-July/002364.html some time ago).
Please note that the parfile apparently leads to GRHydro NaN errors eventually (it always did but only after black hole formation, I am not sure when it happens right now).
I theory the parameter file should work with newer versions. I am trying it right now with the Lovelace release (2012_05) and will get back to you (and Chris) once I am done. Feel free to give it at try as well though.
Yours, Roland
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org