Hi all.
I just tried a fresh checkout of ETK (Maxwell) on my laptop, following the usual directions on the wiki. Everythign downloads OK except the LSU/CCT portions (simfactory2, LSUThorns). Here's the message from the first instance (the other error messages are trivially different):
svn: E175002: OPTIONS of 'https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/simfactory2/branches/ET_2011_10': Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted (https://svn.cct.lsu.edu)
I last checked out a few days ago (different machine). Have the certificates changed? Or should I be doing something new to renew certificates?
Thanks, Bernard
----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bernard Kelly -- CRESST Research Associate, NASA/GSFC
Phone: +1 (301) 286-7243 E-Mail: bernard.j.kelly@nasa.gov Web: http://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/sed/index.cfm?fuseAction=people.jumpBio&iph... -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 04:10:28PM -0600, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:
svn: E175002: OPTIONS of 'https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/simfactory2/branches/ET_2011_10': Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted (https://svn.cct.lsu.edu)
As far as I know nothing changed on the certificate side. It also works for me at the moment. Can you try to find out which certificate is not trusted? The CCT certificate is signed by the LSU certificate which is signed by some generally trusted top-level certificate - and as far as I can see the necessary chain is included.
Frank
Hi Frank.
In the end, I tried a direct svn checkout (rather than through the GetComponents script), and added the missing/untrusted certificate permanently. Then GetComponents worked OK.
This was an obvious step, I admit, but I thought I had done a simple checkout (certainly with the previous ETK release in May 2011, but probably more recently as well) on this machine quite recently without any certificate issues, which is why I asked the list.
Possibly I have the certificate info you're talking about in my machine's logs, if I haven't overwritten them. Can you suggest where to look?
Thanks, Bernard
On 11/23/11 12:05 AM, "Frank Loeffler" knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
Hi,
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 04:10:28PM -0600, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:
svn: E175002: OPTIONS of 'https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/simfactory2/branches/ET_2011_10': Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted (https://svn.cct.lsu.edu)
As far as I know nothing changed on the certificate side. It also works for me at the moment. Can you try to find out which certificate is not trusted? The CCT certificate is signed by the LSU certificate which is signed by some generally trusted top-level certificate - and as far as I can see the necessary chain is included.
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org