I had been under the impression that --verbose would trigger a build with VERBOSE=yes from simfactory, but I gather that the thing that --verbose makes verbose is simfactory itself, and not the build process. Would it be good if make became verbose as well? Here is a crude hack that does it.
Until then, I use this: Index: simfactory/lib/sim-build.py =================================================================== --- simfactory/lib/sim-build.py (revision 1866) +++ simfactory/lib/sim-build.py (working copy) @@ -324,9 +324,13 @@ DefineDatabase.Set('EMAIL', email)
make = DefineDatabase.SubAll(machineEntry.GetKey('make')) + + opts = "" + if simenv.VERBOSE: + opts = "VERBOSE=yes"
display("Building %s" % configName) - ret = simlib.ExecuteCommand("cd %s && %s %s 2>&1" % (simenv.CACTUS_PATH, make, configName)) + ret = simlib.ExecuteCommand("cd %s && %s %s %s 2>&1" % (simenv.CACTUS_PATH, make, configName, opts)) if ret != 0: sys.exit(1)
Yes, please apply.
-erik
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Steven R. Brandt sbrandt@cct.lsu.eduwrote:
I had been under the impression that --verbose would trigger a build with VERBOSE=yes from simfactory, but I gather that the thing that --verbose makes verbose is simfactory itself, and not the build process. Would it be good if make became verbose as well? Here is a crude hack that does it.
Until then, I use this: Index: simfactory/lib/sim-build.py =================================================================== --- simfactory/lib/sim-build.py (revision 1866) +++ simfactory/lib/sim-build.py (working copy) @@ -324,9 +324,13 @@ DefineDatabase.Set('EMAIL', email)
make = DefineDatabase.SubAll(machineEntry.GetKey('make'))
opts = ""
if simenv.VERBOSE:
opts = "VERBOSE=yes" display("Building %s" % configName)
- ret = simlib.ExecuteCommand("cd %s && %s %s 2>&1" %
(simenv.CACTUS_PATH, make, configName))
- ret = simlib.ExecuteCommand("cd %s && %s %s %s 2>&1" %
(simenv.CACTUS_PATH, make, configName, opts)) if ret != 0: sys.exit(1)
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org