Hi I'm Okorie Emmanuel from the department of Computer Science, University of Jos Nigeria. I got to know about the Einstein Toolkit from a friend doing Phd in physics from my school, i became curious and wanted to explore toolkits. However, I have been trying to install Einsteintoolkit on my Ubuntu 22.04 machine for some time now but have not succeeded.
Each time I try I get this message curl: (28) SSL connection timeout and when I visit https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gridaphobe/CRL/ET_2023_11/GetComponents the page does not load. here is the screenshot of the experience from my ubuntu terminal
[image: Screenshot from 2023-12-20 05-30-47.png]
I'm really frustrated at this point.
Please can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? or any other alternative? of installing toolkits on my machine. I'm using this guild for installation
https://einsteintoolkit.org/download.html
curl -kLO https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gridaphobe/CRL/ET_2023_11/GetComponents chmod a+x GetComponents ./GetComponents --parallel https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/manifest/raw/ET_2023_11/einsteintoolki...
Below is the screenshot of my experience [image: Screenshot from 2023-12-15 11-28-16.png]
I hope someone can help me out Thanks and regards
I'm seeing the same issue with curl now on my laptop (I didn't have this issue last week), but I can access the link via google chrome. I have attached the script in case it is useful to you.
Cheers, Bruno
Il giorno mer 17 gen 2024 alle ore 15:41 emmanuel okorie okorieeo@gmail.com ha scritto:
Hi I'm Okorie Emmanuel from the department of Computer Science, University of Jos Nigeria. I got to know about the Einstein Toolkit from a friend doing Phd in physics from my school, i became curious and wanted to explore toolkits. However, I have been trying to install Einsteintoolkit on my Ubuntu 22.04 machine for some time now but have not succeeded.
Each time I try I get this message curl: (28) SSL connection timeout and when I visit https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gridaphobe/CRL/ET_2023_11/GetComponents the page does not load. here is the screenshot of the experience from my ubuntu terminal
[image: Screenshot from 2023-12-20 05-30-47.png]
I'm really frustrated at this point.
Please can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? or any other alternative? of installing toolkits on my machine. I'm using this guild for installation
https://einsteintoolkit.org/download.html
curl -kLO https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gridaphobe/CRL/ET_2023_11/GetComponents chmod a+x GetComponents ./GetComponents --parallel https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/manifest/raw/ET_2023_11/einsteintoolki...
Below is the screenshot of my experience [image: Screenshot from 2023-12-15 11-28-16.png]
I hope someone can help me out Thanks and regards _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hello all,
This seems more like a GitHub issue really. Though, a workaround would still be very nice of course.
Is there a way to add verbosity to the curl call (add --verbose I guess)?
Otherwise, I would also give wget a try to see if it is able to access github.
Finally, maybe try add a http user agent to curl (maybe github blocks curl...):
curl --user-agent Mozilla ...
It will be a while before I can test this with a Ubuntu VM.
Yours, Roland
I'm seeing the same issue with curl now on my laptop (I didn't have this issue last week), but I can access the link via google chrome. I have attached the script in case it is useful to you.
Cheers, Bruno
Il giorno mer 17 gen 2024 alle ore 15:41 emmanuel okorie okorieeo@gmail.com ha scritto:
Hi I'm Okorie Emmanuel from the department of Computer Science, University of Jos Nigeria. I got to know about the Einstein Toolkit from a friend doing Phd in physics from my school, i became curious and wanted to explore toolkits. However, I have been trying to install Einsteintoolkit on my Ubuntu 22.04 machine for some time now but have not succeeded.
Each time I try I get this message curl: (28) SSL connection timeout and when I visit https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gridaphobe/CRL... the page does not load. here is the screenshot of the experience from my ubuntu terminal
[image: Screenshot from 2023-12-20 05-30-47.png]
I'm really frustrated at this point.
Please can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? or any other alternative? of installing toolkits on my machine. I'm using this guild for installation
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://einsteintoolkit.org/download.html__;!!DZ...
curl -kLO https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gridaphobe/CRL... chmod a+x GetComponents ./GetComponents --parallel https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/manifest/r...
Below is the screenshot of my experience [image: Screenshot from 2023-12-15 11-28-16.png]
I hope someone can help me out Thanks and regards _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinf...
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org