Hello,
Einstein Toolkit coiled smoothly on OpenHPC 1.3.5 with simfactory/mdb/optionlists/centos.cfg, by changing MPI_DIR, commenting out the HDF5-DIR and adding HWLOC_DIR.
I do need help in setting up a run that would extract gravitational radiation for a boosted blackhole. Is there an exact solution for a boosted BH available? If not, no problem.
Just a regular Schwarzschild BH will do for now. I'm interested in looking at what thorns are available in ET to constraining the initial data, and how do I switch between them?
I'm sure this was done before, and I would really appreciate some pointers on how to start the simulation.
Thank you,
Maria
_______________________ Dr. Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton Department of Physics Marshall University S257 Science Building Huntington, WV, 25755 Phone: (304)696-2754
On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 6:02 PM, Hamilton, Maria babiuc@marshall.edu wrote:
Hello,
Einstein Toolkit coiled smoothly on OpenHPC 1.3.5 with simfactory/mdb/optionlists/centos.cfg, by changing MPI_DIR, commenting out the HDF5-DIR and adding HWLOC_DIR.
I do need help in setting up a run that would extract gravitational radiation for a boosted blackhole. Is there an exact solution for a boosted BH available? If not, no problem.
Yes, we have an exact solution for a boosted black hole in the EinsteinExact arrangement. All the solutions there can be put into a boosted frame. Unfortunately, a boosted black hole will not emit radiation; it only moves with constant velocity through the domain.
Just a regular Schwarzschild BH will do for now. I'm interested in looking at what thorns are available in ET to constraining the initial data, and how do I switch between them?
I recommend looking at the tutorial or at the gallery examples from our home page. There come with some easy to use parameter files to get started.
-erik
I'm sure this was done before, and I would really appreciate some pointers on how to start the simulation.
Thank you,
Maria
Dr. Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton Department of Physics Marshall University S257 Science Building Huntington, WV, 25755 Phone: (304)696-2754
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hello Erik,
Thank you or your prompt reply. Great, I'm glad to learn about the boosted frame, and I'll take a look at it to see if I can use it. Sorry for being unclear. I do not need a real GW signal, in fact this will be in my way. My intention is to set up a quick experiment to see how the initial junk radiation looks like, and how quickly it leaves the grid. Then I want to swap the Cactus provided initial data thorn with one of mine, to see if it makes any difference. I'm sure this was done many times before, but not by me. I would appreciate if somebody can share with me a parameter file that would work with this version of the Einstein Toolkit.
thanks, Maria
_______________________ Dr. Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton Department of Physics Marshall University S257 Science Building Huntington, WV, 25755 Phone: (304)696-2754
________________________________________ From: schnetter@gmail.com schnetter@gmail.com on behalf of Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:55 PM To: Hamilton, Maria Cc: users@einsteintoolkit.org Subject: Re: [Users] compiling ET on OpenHPC 1.3.5 and a question
On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 6:02 PM, Hamilton, Maria babiuc@marshall.edu wrote:
Hello,
Einstein Toolkit coiled smoothly on OpenHPC 1.3.5 with simfactory/mdb/optionlists/centos.cfg, by changing MPI_DIR, commenting out the HDF5-DIR and adding HWLOC_DIR.
I do need help in setting up a run that would extract gravitational radiation for a boosted blackhole. Is there an exact solution for a boosted BH available? If not, no problem.
Yes, we have an exact solution for a boosted black hole in the EinsteinExact arrangement. All the solutions there can be put into a boosted frame. Unfortunately, a boosted black hole will not emit radiation; it only moves with constant velocity through the domain.
Just a regular Schwarzschild BH will do for now. I'm interested in looking at what thorns are available in ET to constraining the initial data, and how do I switch between them?
I recommend looking at the tutorial or at the gallery examples from our home page. There come with some easy to use parameter files to get started.
-erik
I'm sure this was done before, and I would really appreciate some pointers on how to start the simulation.
Thank you,
Maria
Dr. Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton Department of Physics Marshall University S257 Science Building Huntington, WV, 25755 Phone: (304)696-2754
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- Erik Schnetter schnetter@cct.lsu.edu http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/eschnetter/
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org