Hi.
I recently took a simple thorn --- one routine scheduled at POSTEVOL --- and enlarged it so that now there's a second routine scheduled at STARTUP.
Both routines are written in C, taking in CCTK_ARGUMENTS, and returning void. The new routine is called Interpolate_setup.c
During compilation, I get the following warning:
------------------------------ /nobackupp2/bjkelly1/codes/Cactus/configs/sim/build/interp_metric_sph_grid/Interpolate_setup.c(47): warning #147: declaration is incompatible with "int sph_grid_metric_initialize(void)" (declared at line 7 of "/nobackupp2/bjkelly1/codes/Cactus/configs/sim/bindings/include/interp_metric_sph_grid/cctk_ScheduleFunctions.h") void sph_grid_metric_initialize(CCTK_ARGUMENTS){ ^ ------------------------------
Can anyone tell me why the build process is assuming that the new routine is taking a void input and returning int? I can edit the thorn's auto-generated "cctk_ScheduleFunctions.h" by hand to correct this behavior, but it seems like it shouldn't be necessary.
Bernard
Hello Bernard,
STARTUP and SHUTDOWN are special (no grid hierarchy yet or none anymore), also you can abort Cactus in STARTUP routines if you returned non-zero (the docs says it is ignore right now though). See:
http://einsteintoolkit.org/usersguide/UsersGuidech14.html#x19-205000D4
Yours, Roland
Hi.
I recently took a simple thorn --- one routine scheduled at POSTEVOL --- and enlarged it so that now there's a second routine scheduled at STARTUP.
Both routines are written in C, taking in CCTK_ARGUMENTS, and returning void. The new routine is called Interpolate_setup.c
During compilation, I get the following warning:
/nobackupp2/bjkelly1/codes/Cactus/configs/sim/build/interp_metric_sph_grid/Interpolate_setup.c(47): warning #147: declaration is incompatible with "int sph_grid_metric_initialize(void)" (declared at line 7 of "/nobackupp2/bjkelly1/codes/Cactus/configs/sim/bindings/include/interp_metric_sph_grid/cctk_ScheduleFunctions.h") void sph_grid_metric_initialize(CCTK_ARGUMENTS){ ^
Can anyone tell me why the build process is assuming that the new routine is taking a void input and returning int? I can edit the thorn's auto-generated "cctk_ScheduleFunctions.h" by hand to correct this behavior, but it seems like it shouldn't be necessary.
Bernard _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Thanks, Roland!
Moving out of STARTUP solved it completely.
Bernard
On 27 June 2018 at 16:48, Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu wrote:
Hello Bernard,
STARTUP and SHUTDOWN are special (no grid hierarchy yet or none anymore), also you can abort Cactus in STARTUP routines if you returned non-zero (the docs says it is ignore right now though). See:
http://einsteintoolkit.org/usersguide/UsersGuidech14.html#x19-205000D4
Yours, Roland
Hi.
I recently took a simple thorn --- one routine scheduled at POSTEVOL --- and enlarged it so that now there's a second routine scheduled at STARTUP.
Both routines are written in C, taking in CCTK_ARGUMENTS, and returning void. The new routine is called Interpolate_setup.c
During compilation, I get the following warning:
/nobackupp2/bjkelly1/codes/Cactus/configs/sim/build/interp_metric_sph_grid/Interpolate_setup.c(47): warning #147: declaration is incompatible with "int sph_grid_metric_initialize(void)" (declared at line 7 of "/nobackupp2/bjkelly1/codes/Cactus/configs/sim/bindings/include/interp_metric_sph_grid/cctk_ScheduleFunctions.h") void sph_grid_metric_initialize(CCTK_ARGUMENTS){ ^
Can anyone tell me why the build process is assuming that the new routine is taking a void input and returning int? I can edit the thorn's auto-generated "cctk_ScheduleFunctions.h" by hand to correct this behavior, but it seems like it shouldn't be necessary.
Bernard _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
Bernard
Instead of using STARTUP, consider using WRAGH, BASEGRID, or INITIAL. These schedule bin might be more appropriate since more infrastructure is available.
-erik
On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 4:48 PM, Roland Haas rhaas@illinois.edu wrote:
Hello Bernard,
STARTUP and SHUTDOWN are special (no grid hierarchy yet or none anymore), also you can abort Cactus in STARTUP routines if you returned non-zero (the docs says it is ignore right now though). See:
http://einsteintoolkit.org/usersguide/UsersGuidech14.html#x19-205000D4
Yours, Roland
Hi.
I recently took a simple thorn --- one routine scheduled at POSTEVOL --- and enlarged it so that now there's a second routine scheduled at STARTUP.
Both routines are written in C, taking in CCTK_ARGUMENTS, and returning void. The new routine is called Interpolate_setup.c
During compilation, I get the following warning:
/nobackupp2/bjkelly1/codes/Cactus/configs/sim/build/
interp_metric_sph_grid/Interpolate_setup.c(47):
warning #147: declaration is incompatible with "int sph_grid_metric_initialize(void)" (declared at line 7 of "/nobackupp2/bjkelly1/codes/Cactus/configs/sim/bindings/
include/interp_metric_sph_grid/cctk_ScheduleFunctions.h")
void sph_grid_metric_initialize(CCTK_ARGUMENTS){ ^
Can anyone tell me why the build process is assuming that the new routine is taking a void input and returning int? I can edit the thorn's auto-generated "cctk_ScheduleFunctions.h" by hand to correct this behavior, but it seems like it shouldn't be necessary.
Bernard _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org