Dear all,
I have encountered an `tl >= 0 and tl < timelevels' error when recovering checkpoints while using ML_BSSN and helpers.
I am currently running a minimal example in which I merely activate
ML_BSSN ML_BSSN_Helper ML_ADMConstraints
without giving any further options (nor using them for spacetime evolution). The errors occur after I want to to the recovering.
I am sure there is something very basic I am missing in my parameter file. I have included the example in the following.
Thank you for your help and input!
My best from Tel Aviv
Jens
Hello Jens,
hmm, there is not much to go by from your email but this looks like something that have seen before. If you can, please attach the simulations *.out and *.err file to the email. It may be important to know if checkpoint/recovery happened at a coarse step (ie all timelevel are aligned) or not.
We used to (and may still have) issues when AHFinderDirect was used with simulations where ADMBase::metric_timelevels was not set to 3 which failed after recovery. Your parfile does not have AHFinderDirect in it, yet it may be caused by the same issue.
So I would try setting
ADMBase::metric_timelevels = 3
in it.
You may also want to check the old release announcements https://einsteintoolkit.org/about/releases/ET_2016_05_announcement.html from that time that suggested:
Recovering with Carpet: Carpet stores metadata (such as the simulation time) only for Carpet::max_timelevels time levels, although it is possible to allocate more time levels. These additional time levels then cannot be recovered; the symptom is an assertion failure during recovery. The solution is to either increase Carpet::max_timelevels, or to decrease the number of active time levels.
Should the parfile that you attached let me reproduce the error?
Yours, Roland
Dear all,
I have encountered an `tl >= 0 and tl < timelevels' error when recovering checkpoints while using ML_BSSN and helpers.
I am currently running a minimal example in which I merely activate
ML_BSSN ML_BSSN_Helper ML_ADMConstraints
without giving any further options (nor using them for spacetime evolution). The errors occur after I want to to the recovering.
I am sure there is something very basic I am missing in my parameter file. I have included the example in the following.
Thank you for your help and input!
My best from Tel Aviv
Jens
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org