Hello, I'm trying to use initial data from Meudon for a binary neutron stars. How do I actually set file names of the files to read from? I was wondering if you could provide some examples of a par files?
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 09:24:12AM -0500, Petr Tsatsin wrote:
I'm trying to use initial data from Meudon for a binary neutron stars. How do I actually set file names of the files to read from?
There is a parameter Meudon_Bin_NS::filename. I agree that we should have e.g. testsuites for these thorns which would show how to use them, but that would require to distribute one set of initial data with them.
Frank
I downloaded tar file from Medoun. There are several files inside. Which one I need to use?
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 09:24:12AM -0500, Petr Tsatsin wrote:
I'm trying to use initial data from Meudon for a binary neutron stars.
How
do I actually set file names of the files to read from?
There is a parameter Meudon_Bin_NS::filename. I agree that we should have e.g. testsuites for these thorns which would show how to use them, but that would require to distribute one set of initial data with them.
Frank
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJPS5YjAAoJEOkzpip+I59kXC8P/RvlR0bJZBYJHF0/Pfd31ByB 1j4rUgwEJAz8SBo8qJXwRp+QsBVwFVK4A1bRSKiZT9gM+WnpiM9kvyEoH8zgnR5C rikw14e/Of9j6CnDfE55RTkofh7doZ5zHkMm+06eIWxRhwVLBV3i0IAXWgVDaTez rpBv23NLeZRSyTjExmP6e9iXlQJ8dds5r8fp3566BHPBGZgh0kK6TkLTkX6B/MN/ /KVsVvBIXZ3q6gWSy7BXF87HXRjU4H0wewOdxRNtzTAtjhX4Oan7M1rG5/kzqUgu LJ/FCPRWga8Z2HdtYIofkhjspekGjXeIAsZjHQVaCOA/d4jFQ0o9aeP0NOisddWG N8LYO1faFTrDUYQmr5jQGUzjo5OfE/nrG1vaXWYrn7IUWaL4My5NyfRjxaLwutaU SqpreuRM7xljUzAghMQHjE+C8615Bj9ryMh82/9R8QMFdhnOlUTQDsFFf8gJ71l8 MkQJOGOeHnhwW9N/5hMFIakdpkTuLMevJEVpPf/tDRhQaH4D11xUrmxOwgWxep2y AyUsuEBll7VxrtBWiDm/yCtZwvSIVw93koBaiV+13TAiIKaP9PEcYv1E4Fxh5GZX 5RlZXwd5RoY9cxo3rMRamQ0kS6wvBYoX0yQoaEwU9uBe1KhXsfGUY0I1fNsRHpI9 9RYCwbVns00NlajPGqQB =/dgl -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
The thorn Meudon_Bin_NS is a wrapper that calls routines in LORENE, and then populates the Cactus grid structure with the results. Thus the file name is interpreted by LORENE, and LORENE's documentation and examples should contain this information.
I see that the sibling thorn "Meudon_Mag_NS" contains an example.
Once things work for you, would you be willing to write up a short example and put it into the thorn's documentation?
Should we add example data, possibly with a very coarse resolution to save space?
-erik
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Petr Tsatsin ptsatsin@my.fau.edu wrote:
I downloaded tar file from Medoun. There are several files inside. Which one I need to use?
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Frank Loeffler knarf@cct.lsu.edu wrote:
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 09:24:12AM -0500, Petr Tsatsin wrote:
I'm trying to use initial data from Meudon for a binary neutron stars. How do I actually set file names of the files to read from?
There is a parameter Meudon_Bin_NS::filename. I agree that we should have e.g. testsuites for these thorns which would show how to use them, but that would require to distribute one set of initial data with them.
Frank
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJPS5YjAAoJEOkzpip+I59kXC8P/RvlR0bJZBYJHF0/Pfd31ByB 1j4rUgwEJAz8SBo8qJXwRp+QsBVwFVK4A1bRSKiZT9gM+WnpiM9kvyEoH8zgnR5C rikw14e/Of9j6CnDfE55RTkofh7doZ5zHkMm+06eIWxRhwVLBV3i0IAXWgVDaTez rpBv23NLeZRSyTjExmP6e9iXlQJ8dds5r8fp3566BHPBGZgh0kK6TkLTkX6B/MN/ /KVsVvBIXZ3q6gWSy7BXF87HXRjU4H0wewOdxRNtzTAtjhX4Oan7M1rG5/kzqUgu LJ/FCPRWga8Z2HdtYIofkhjspekGjXeIAsZjHQVaCOA/d4jFQ0o9aeP0NOisddWG N8LYO1faFTrDUYQmr5jQGUzjo5OfE/nrG1vaXWYrn7IUWaL4My5NyfRjxaLwutaU SqpreuRM7xljUzAghMQHjE+C8615Bj9ryMh82/9R8QMFdhnOlUTQDsFFf8gJ71l8 MkQJOGOeHnhwW9N/5hMFIakdpkTuLMevJEVpPf/tDRhQaH4D11xUrmxOwgWxep2y AyUsuEBll7VxrtBWiDm/yCtZwvSIVw93koBaiV+13TAiIKaP9PEcYv1E4Fxh5GZX 5RlZXwd5RoY9cxo3rMRamQ0kS6wvBYoX0yQoaEwU9uBe1KhXsfGUY0I1fNsRHpI9 9RYCwbVns00NlajPGqQB =/dgl -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
-- Petr Tsatsin Graduate Student - Department of Physics Charles E. Schmidt College of Science Florida Atlantic University (561)-297-3386 cell: 561-692-2040 ptsatin@fau.edu, ptsatsin@gmail.com
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hello Petr,
I downloaded tar file from Medoun. There are several files inside. Which one I need to use?
The files to use are the resu.d files.
Yours, Roland
Could you put this into the documentation, or the README?
This seems to be different for different cases; e.g. binary black holes have "bin.d" files instead.
-erik
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Roland Haas roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu wrote:
Hello Petr,
I downloaded tar file from Medoun. There are several files inside. Which one I need to use?
The files to use are the resu.d files.
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Hello Erik, all,
Could you put this into the documentation, or the README?
This seems to be different for different cases; e.g. binary black holes have "bin.d" files instead.
Oh, I was not aware that the file names would differ. I'll put something like "the largest file is the one to use" into the documentation. That should uniquely pick out the correct file I assume.
Yours, Roland
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org