Thanks Bruno, David!
@all: this is a lot of great material. I put my question forward to the ET list to initiate some discussion about how we can efficiently bundle it, e.g. on the website's gallery, maybe in a somewhat similar as the SXS collaboration does.
cheers, Helvi
=========================================== Dr. Helvi Witek Marie-Curie Research Fellow Dep. Fisica Quantica i Astrofisica & ICCUB Universitat de Barcelona ===========================================
On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 7:46 PM, Bruno Giacomazzo <bruno.giacomazzo@unitn.it
wrote:
HI Helvi, this movie was produced with the Einstein Toolkit (using the WhiskyMHD code): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIBaq5v7oL4. It's also part of the movies listed on LIGO GW170817 page (http://ligo.org/detections/ GW170817.php) and it was also featured on Nature News ( http://www.nature.com/news/colliding-stars-spark-rush-to- solve-cosmic-mysteries-1.22829).
Here you can also find a selection of movies done by the Trento group in 2016. They all used the Einstein Toolkit and the WhiskyMHD and WhiskyThermal codes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8zWx1SDoeM
Cheers, Bruno
2017-10-18 12:38 GMT+02:00 helvi witek hwitek@icc.ub.edu:
Dear all,
let me pick up on our discussion on the visibility of the Einstein Toolkit within the LIGO/VIRGO Scientific collaboration, our scientific community in general and the public that we had during the workshop last week.
In the end of the week we are opening our traveling exhibition "Unraveling the dark universe" http://serviastro.am.ub.edu/twiki/bin/view/ServiAstro/UniversFosc and, as probably many of you these days, we will have a number of outreach talks about gravitational waves. In this context I was looking for animations produced with the toolkit, in addition to the BBH material that I already had from the SXS collaboration, to give more credit to it.
I noticed a few things that we could improve
- update the gallery on the website. At the moment the only animation of
an event is that by Barry for GW150914. It would be nice to have more of a collection for the other events, and in particular for GW170817. As first step we could collect links to the youtube channels of different groups.
- that brings me to a second suggestion: should we bundle those
animations, e.g., in a ET youtube channel? At the moment, a quick search leads to filmed talks and lectures (which is important, too, of course), but try the same for SXS and you'll get a list of animations by the collaboration. A first step to give more visibility to the toolkit could be to add the logo to the credits.
This is essentially to spark some discussion, and if there is interest, we can follow up on it in one of the next calls.
cheers, Helvi
=========================================== Dr. Helvi Witek Marie-Curie Research Fellow Dep. Fisica Quantica i Astrofisica & ICCUB Universitat de Barcelona ===========================================
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
--
Prof. Bruno Giacomazzo Department of Physics University of Trento https://maps.google.com/?q=Trento+via+Sommarive+14+38123+Trento+Italy&entry=gmail&source=g via Sommarive 14 https://maps.google.com/?q=Trento+via+Sommarive+14+38123+Trento+Italy&entry=gmail&source=g 38123 Trento https://maps.google.com/?q=Trento+via+Sommarive+14+38123+Trento+Italy&entry=gmail&source=g Italy https://maps.google.com/?q=Trento+via+Sommarive+14+38123+Trento+Italy&entry=gmail&source=g
Tel. : +39 0461281631 <+39%200461%20281631> email : bruno.giacomazzo@unitn.it web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
On 18/10/17 22:16, helvi witek wrote:
Thanks Bruno, David!
@all: this is a lot of great material. I put my question forward to the ET list to initiate some discussion about how we can efficiently bundle it, e.g. on the website's gallery, maybe in a somewhat similar as the SXS collaboration does.
I second the idea of a YouTube channel (assuming all the video owners agree). There is probably a way to make that visible on einsteintoolkit.org, so we only have to add new visualizations to the channel and they will immediately appear on the homepage.
Eloisa
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 11:52:34AM +0200, Eloisa Bentivegna wrote:
I second the idea of a YouTube channel (assuming all the video owners agree). There is probably a way to make that visible on einsteintoolkit.org, so we only have to add new visualizations to the channel and they will immediately appear on the homepage.
I agree, totally.
I've created an 'Einstein Toolkit' brand channel, and invited Steve, Roland and Eloisa in administrator role, and leave further administration to them.
I can copy the old 'History of the ET' there, but I believe it would be a new URL then.
Frank
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 12:24:08PM +0200, Frank Loeffler wrote:
I've created an 'Einstein Toolkit' brand channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IObWZ7_wEbWnbIKVIQRYQ
I believe starting with 100 subscribers we can get a better URL. So, get to it and subscribe, even though it's still empty.
Frank
perfect. Thanks, Frank!
cheers, Helvi
On 2017-10-19 12:29, Frank Loeffler wrote:
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 12:24:08PM +0200, Frank Loeffler wrote:
I've created an 'Einstein Toolkit' brand channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IObWZ7_wEbWnbIKVIQRYQ
I believe starting with 100 subscribers we can get a better URL. So, get to it and subscribe, even though it's still empty.
Frank
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
On 19/10/17 12:24, Frank Loeffler wrote:
I can copy the old 'History of the ET' there, but I believe it would be a new URL then.
You can add a playlist to the channel, and existing videos to a playlist (which still won't appear under the "Videos" tab though). I've just done that with the History of the ET one, and in the next few days will add the other videos that have been advertised on the list, unless people instruct me otherwise.
Eloisa
Hello Eloisa,
You can add a playlist to the channel, and existing videos to a playlist (which still won't appear under the "Videos" tab though). I've just done that with the History of the ET one, and in the next few days will add the other videos that have been advertised on the list, unless people instruct me otherwise.
The NCSA ones are fine to add. I should (soon hopefully) have edited versions of the talks given at the ET workshop and school at NCSA that can also be included (in particular the lectures seem to be interesting to have).
Right now the "raw" versions are here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO8UWE9gZTlBKwK5GRAUAnmvHvT0YkaK4
Yours, Roland
Hi all,
there's also some of the SXS channel videos that were produced with the ET. We should cross-post these if no one objects.
For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxij9hn6fZw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sZmvbtIi1I https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQQnIHFaVx0
Best, Philipp
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 11:27 AM, Roland Haas < roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu> wrote:
Hello Eloisa,
You can add a playlist to the channel, and existing videos to a playlist (which still won't appear under the "Videos" tab though). I've just done that with the History of the ET one, and in the next few days will add the other videos that have been advertised on the list, unless people instruct me otherwise.
The NCSA ones are fine to add. I should (soon hopefully) have edited versions of the talks given at the ET workshop and school at NCSA that can also be included (in particular the lectures seem to be interesting to have).
Right now the "raw" versions are here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO8UWE9gZTlBKwK5GRAUAnmvHvT0YkaK4
Yours, Roland
-- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org