Hi,
I'm getting this error when compiling the CarpetHDF5 plugging for Visit:
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Plugin: CarpetHDF5 ("Carpet AMR/curvilinear HDF5 output generated by the Cactus Computational Toolkit", type=database) -- version 2.1 Attribute: ()
-- The C compiler identification is Clang 4.2.0 -- The CXX compiler identification is Clang 4.2.0 -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works -- Detecting C compiler ABI info -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done -- Configuring done -- Generating done -- Build files have been written to: /Users/maria/GaussCactus/CarpetHDF5 Scanning dependencies of target ECarpetHDF5Database_par [ 6%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/CarpetHDF5EnginePluginInfo.C.o clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-L/Users/maria/Desktop/VisIt.app/Contents/Resources/2.6.2/darwin-x86_64/include/hdf5/include' [ 12%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/CarpetHDF5PluginInfo.C.o clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-L/Users/maria/Desktop/VisIt.app/Contents/Resources/2.6.2/darwin-x86_64/include/hdf5/include' [ 18%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/CarpetHDF5CommonPluginInfo.C.o clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-L/Users/maria/Desktop/VisIt.app/Contents/Resources/2.6.2/darwin-x86_64/include/hdf5/include' In file included from /Users/maria/GaussCactus/CarpetHDF5/CarpetHDF5CommonPluginInfo.C:40: /Users/maria/GaussCactus/CarpetHDF5/avtCarpetHDF5FileFormat.h:59:10: fatal error: 'hdf5.h' file not found #include "hdf5.h" ^ 1 error generated. make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/CarpetHDF5CommonPluginInfo.C.o] Error 1 make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/all] Error 2 make: *** [all] Error 2
Maria
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1
Hello Maria,
I'm getting this error when compiling the CarpetHDF5 plugging for Visit:
First of all: Thank you for including the full error report.
As Frank pointed out from the error that you get and the included -L option it seems to not find a needed included file. Looking at my own macbook, the file should indeed be in the location that specify, so it is a bit odd but certainly one should check for its existence as Frank indicates.
However: starting with VisIt 2.6 the Carpet reader is included in the VisIt distribution by default, so you no longer have to compile it yourself. I would just try and see if I can open a Cactus file with a stock install.
Yours, Roland
- -- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
Maria
The HDF5 include directory is set via the -I (upper case i) option, not the -L option. That is why you receive a warning about the -L option. You need to use the -L option later during linking to point to the library itself.
-erik
On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Roland Haas <roland.haas@physics.gatech.edu
wrote:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1
Hello Maria,
I'm getting this error when compiling the CarpetHDF5 plugging for Visit:
First of all: Thank you for including the full error report.
As Frank pointed out from the error that you get and the included -L option it seems to not find a needed included file. Looking at my own macbook, the file should indeed be in the location that specify, so it is a bit odd but certainly one should check for its existence as Frank indicates.
However: starting with VisIt 2.6 the Carpet reader is included in the VisIt distribution by default, so you no longer have to compile it yourself. I would just try and see if I can open a Cactus file with a stock install.
Yours, Roland
My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net. -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux) Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
iEYEARECAAYFAlHPSlkACgkQTiFSTN7SboVopgCeMOlv52ULT2BiDamlJ3vGKlOW RfMAn2Omxe9X1jHjJeKHUOi4BD+7Vf9m =4IE7 -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@einsteintoolkit.org http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/mailman/listinfo/users
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org