Dear All, I am a new user of einsteintoolkit. I follow the Tutorial for New User to install but encountered a problem. First I login to the queenbee machine by using code ubuntu$ ssh -X ettest52@qb.loni.org -sh-3.00$ Then i did as in prepare tools and then download, configure and build. This downloads many thorns but checking out module:PITTNullCode/SphericalHarmonicRecon from repository:http://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/Cactus/PITTNullCode/SphericalHarmonicRecon/ branches/ET_2013_05 into: cactus/arrangements use of uninitialized value in contenation(.) or string at/GetComponents line 1440 Warning: could not checkout EinsteinAnalysis/Outflow, unable to switch to tag. Any existing symlinks to EinsteinAnalysis/Outflow will be broken. -----------------------------------------------------------------------
checking out module: EinsteinExact/doc from repository: git://github.com/barrywardell/EinsteinExact then same error as above
Then nothing happens for a long time. Then I closed terminal(massage: still a process running, closing the terminal will kill it). Again I opened terminal and login to queenbee as above. -sh-3.00$ ./GetComponents --parallel http://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/manifest/branches/ET_2013_05/einsteintoolkit.... update all existing components : no Again I encountered the same problem as above. And nothing happens for a long time then I closed terminal. Again I opened terminal and login to queenbee I did as stated in configure the simulation factory ___________________________________- edit simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini Defaults for all machines user=ettest52 email=urkhanal@tucdp.edu.np allocation=loni_cactus08 thornlist=manifest/einsteintoolkit.th Customize user name for each machine [queenbee] user=ettest52 sourcebasedir=/home/ettest52/ writeout __________________________________ -sh-3.00$ ./simfactory/bin/sim build
After many processes
There were 84 errors during execution of CST These must be corrected before compilation can proceed
warnings were generated during execution of the CST
CST error 1 Missing thorn EinsteinAnalysis/Outflow
Similarly there are 84 errors make[1]:***[/home/ettest52/cactus/configs/sim/config-data/make.thornlist]Error 1 make:*** [sim] Error 2 -sh-3.00:ls exe ls: exe: No such file or directory
Udayaraj KhanalProfessorCentral Department of PhysicsTribhuvan UniversityKirtipur, Nepal
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1
Dear Udayaraj,
Dear All, I am a new user of einsteintoolkit. I follow the Tutorial for New User to install but encountered a problem. First I login to the queenbee machine by using code ubuntu$ ssh -X ettest52@qb.loni.org -sh-3.00$ Then i did as in prepare tools and then download, configure and build. This downloads many thorns but checking out module:PITTNullCode/SphericalHarmonicRecon from
This is quite unfortunate. We currently experience problem with GetComponents on Queenbee. There seem to be two issues. One is that the version of git installed on queenbee is older than we had expected and the GetComponents script uses git commands that do not exist yet in that version. We have a proposed fix in https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1395#comment:12 where a patch to GetComponents is also provided. We will port the fix back into the release version soon. Until then, you can patch your copy of GetComponents on queenbee like this:
cd $HOME curl --silent https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/raw-attachment/ticket/1395/GetComponents_ol... | patch -p1
Alternatively instead of download the code using GetComponents, you can also download a tarball http://einsteintoolkit.org/tarballs/
The second issue is that the --parallel option of GetComponents may not work correctly, in that case please simply leave out the - --parallel option when calling GetComponents, this will likely slow down your checkout procedure unfortunately.
Yours, Roland
- -- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 10:51:04AM -0700, Roland Haas wrote:
The second issue is that the --parallel option of GetComponents may not work correctly, in that case please simply leave out the
- --parallel option when calling GetComponents, this will likely slow
down your checkout procedure unfortunately.
Speaking of this: the only issue with this is that non-interactively certificates that are not automatically accepted lead to failures. Is there any other reproducible problem? If so, do we have a ticket about it?
Frank
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1
Hello Frank, all,
Speaking of this: the only issue with this is that non-interactively certificates that are not automatically accepted lead to failures. Is there any other reproducible problem? If so, do we have a ticket about it?
Erik observed problems with svn on his laptop from work:
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1395#comment:2
unfortunately this only happens at PI eg not from home so it is difficult to reproduce. His checkout log file indicates a problem with svn while the fix on queenbee is related to git.
Yours, Roland
- -- My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://keys.gnupg.net.
On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 10:51:04AM -0700, Roland Haas wrote:
to GetComponents is also provided. We will port the fix back into the release version soon.
Hi,
The new version was just backported to the release, so following the tutorial should now work on queenbee. If you already started you would need to remove your old copy of GetComponents and get it again:
wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.github.com/gridaphobe/CRL/ET_2013_05/GetComponents
Frank
users@lists.einsteintoolkit.org